2010 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
i love this car
By gregg n on 10/25/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i replaced a 2003 base vibe with the 2010 gt. wow! we love it. i do miss the rear opening window, the luggage rack, but it is so fun to drive. i anticipate that my biggest concern in the future will be the paint quality. i fear that pontiac knowing they were shutting down cut back on the amount of paint applied to the car thinking what will the consumer do about it. except for that, i really love the car.

happy so far
By duvy on 10/14/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

nice ride overall for a small car, it is fast and runs smooth. bought in august for $ 16000 out the door. base model no power windows or locks,steel rims,but bought aftermarket rims and it looks nicer.

Great Value
By Karen K on 09/12/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With carpools days now behind me, I was looking to replace my minivan with something that still offered significant cargo space but got better MPG than the non-hybrid SUVs on the market. Chose the 1.8L Vibe and am very happy with it's versatility, handling and economy. At age 52, I got my first speeding ticket while "grooving" to the XM radio tunes when driving it on it's first turnpike ride. I like to think of this ticket as a testament to my enjoyment of the smoothness of the ride and audio system on my new vehicle. With it's excellent safety features, reliable Toyota engine, MPG and interior space, I think the Vibe is an exceptional value.

A Good Vibe!
By Janda on 09/08/09 06:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We picked up our new Vibe just in time for a family trip - loaded the boys, the bikes and the bags and put 700 miles on pretty quickly. This is the best purchase I've ever made - I love it, I'm glad i got one in time and wish they were still making them.

We love this car
By Love this car on 09/05/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car after waiting three months for a Chevy Equinox and we couldn't be happier. We switched from a Saab all wheel drive SUV to a smaller better gas mileage car. The car is very zippy and handles great. Although its size isn't that of an SUV, it does have plenty of room even with a baby. After a full week with this car, we love it. Every Vibe owner we talk to loves their car after 3 or 4 years. This is unusual for any car. We are happy and if you are looking for a decent size car with alot of options for a great price, take a look at a Vibe if you can find one. We couldn't locate many within a 50 mile radius in S. Florida.

nice
By Preston Oles on 08/22/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car I can get all my stuff in it or on the roof it does everything I need it to do and then some. Radio is great, head lights are super bright everyone loves the rims (18s on the gt) oh and fun to drive too. Good car for the price. To bad its gone for good. I got one of the last cars with the Pontiac badge and a cool color (orange) I feel lucky!

Great Economic and Stylish Choice
By Gary T on 08/20/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The CARS program paved the way for the wife to research cars that achieved 30+ miles per gallon and the Vibe came up as a strong contender in the fuel economy arena. After learning that the current model actually came out in 2009, she proceeded to research reviews on last years model and discovered that the '09 Vibe had achieved a very respectable 9 out of 10 Edmunds ranking and very favorable reviews across the board. Dealer inventory in our area is disappearing at a rapid pace so the Vibe has deservedly caught on in Pontiac's 11th hour exit. We both agree that this is indeed a vehicle that shouts reliability, comfort and economy and if performance is lacking, we don't notice. Impressive!

Last of the breed
By Dakovich on 08/19/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 1.8L with optional Auto tranny. We went with the Vibe over a Scion XD for many reasons. Better looks, better interior, way more comfortable, seats go up/down, tilt/telescope wheel, more room, larger cargo area, similar mpg, still a Toyota basically so equally reliable, and the GM warranty beats the Toyota/Scion one. 1.8L Auto has plenty of juice for us, we're not aggressive drivers but it has get up and go when needed. We like the tight suspension and steering which takes bumps surprisingly well. Not many 1.8L's left around, lots of 2.4L's and AWD's though. We Didn't want to trade mpg for the extra power.

Only OK so far
By Joey S on 08/16/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this now less than a week. Purchased with a clunker trade in and GM card points. Never would have picked a GM car otherwise. I'm taking a lot of abuse at work for its ugly exterior styling. I'm experiencing the same issue others have mentioned with the tranny in that it down shifts as soon as you let your foot of the gas. Also with only 140 miles the paint has chipped and is rusted. Nice huh? We'll see what the dealer says but I'm not optimistic. I won't do GM again. Iderad having to deal with the service department.

Good Soild Car
By ultrawolf on 08/16/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a '10 Vibe, 1.8L, automatic transmission rental for a week, and put 1100 miles on it, almost all highway miles. My wife and I both own '09 Honda Fits (me-Sport, her-Base). Compared with the Fit, the Vibe has a smoother, softer ride, and the powertrain is also very smooth. It shifts very smoothly and the engine has decent enough power considering it's only a 1.8L. Even downshifting to 3rd gear at 70 MPH climbing hills, the engine doesn't sound like it's going to rev itself to death. Overall, a very competent car. But, compared with the Fit, pretty boring, not at all "sporty". Also, the windows are small, and the high door sills make you feel like you're sitting down in a hole.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Pontiac Vibe in VA is:

$126 per month*