Used 2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Reliable car
By manitoba1

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have put on 80,000 km with no issues to report. We like the gas mileage and cargo space. Very good on ice and gravel. Noisier and less room than our sequoia, but a lot more practical for 2 or 3 people.

Reliable, economical, safe.

Noisy on gravel road

Great, Fun Car!
By nbaatb

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Vibe in 2011 and have been driving it now for a little over a year and I love it! I'm surprised as to how much get up it has- zippy is a good word. I love everything about it. I can fit my three large dogs in the back, and the seats are high so they don't like to jump over. There is leg room in the back to actually fit people in. More room then our RAV 4 by far! I get around 25mpg city and 30 hwy. The only thing I don't like is the blind spots. The car has limited visibility and that is the only problem I've had. I also love the plastic in the "trunk" easy to vacuum up dirt/dog hair. I can lay the seats down throw my bike and dogs in too. LOVE IT!

Size Gas Mileage Look Reliability

Blind Spots Visibility

Glad I bought it
By budman

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Really like the car. Rides nice, handles better than expected. Got 35.5 MPG on 600 mile trip. Have 11000 miles on it and no complaints. Used Clunker money, GM rebate and GM card rebate. Paid 9900.00 for a new car. Thought that only happened to other people.. Plus GM 5 year/100,000 mile power train protection.

Handling and comfort of seating. Also roof rack is handy if you need it.

Gear shift a little high.

Noisy, Poor outward visibility
By Mike Joseph

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car only for two weeks and my first impression was how small this car is and fits so much inside. It took me a while until I got used to windows and mirrors, its hard to see everything from these little windows so I was always worried about the blind spots. Also the way the hood was designed there is no way that you can see the end of the car or at least if you are close to hit something. The way the car handles is really good, it lacks power but what can you expect from a 1.8 liter engine. The main issue that I had with this car was the road noise, its so weird that you can never get comfortable when you drive on a highway from the noise level.

I like the space in the car, the size and design from outside is great. I also like the way the dashboard was designed and the cup/bottle holders in the center and doors.

I would definitely improve the outward visibility because its so dangerous the way it is now. Bluetooth feature for the radio should a standard. Work on the noise level in the car. Also the braking system should be improved, the car doesn't stop fast.

Deception
By Robi Robo

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased to replace an old Audi Quattro, it is the worse car I ever drive and a huge disappointment: uncomfortable with those checky shock and hard seats, bad gas mileage (around 21-22), boring to drive and unefficient AWD. It is the first time I was stock on my driveway and this unsecured feeling on wet/snow roads. We though that was because on the tires, But tire Plus told us it has the best tires for the car.

design

comfort, seat, HUGE blind spots, gas mileage, general efficacity, handling, etc