2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Reliable car
By manitoba1 on 06/23/12 05:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have put on 80,000 km with no issues to report. We like the gas mileage and cargo space. Very good on ice and gravel. Noisier and less room than our sequoia, but a lot more practical for 2 or 3 people.

Great, Fun Car!
By nbaatb on 05/18/12 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 Vibe in 2011 and have been driving it now for a little over a year and I love it! I'm surprised as to how much get up it has- zippy is a good word. I love everything about it. I can fit my three large dogs in the back, and the seats are high so they don't like to jump over. There is leg room in the back to actually fit people in. More room then our RAV 4 by far! I get around 25mpg city and 30 hwy. The only thing I don't like is the blind spots. The car has limited visibility and that is the only problem I've had. I also love the plastic in the "trunk" easy to vacuum up dirt/dog hair. I can lay the seats down throw my bike and dogs in too. LOVE IT!

Glad I bought it
By budman on 05/26/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Really like the car. Rides nice, handles better than expected. Got 35.5 MPG on 600 mile trip. Have 11000 miles on it and no complaints. Used Clunker money, GM rebate and GM card rebate. Paid 9900.00 for a new car. Thought that only happened to other people.. Plus GM 5 year/100,000 mile power train protection.

Noisy, Poor outward visibility
By Mike Joseph on 03/28/10 22:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car only for two weeks and my first impression was how small this car is and fits so much inside. It took me a while until I got used to windows and mirrors, its hard to see everything from these little windows so I was always worried about the blind spots. Also the way the hood was designed there is no way that you can see the end of the car or at least if you are close to hit something. The way the car handles is really good, it lacks power but what can you expect from a 1.8 liter engine. The main issue that I had with this car was the road noise, its so weird that you can never get comfortable when you drive on a highway from the noise level.

Deception
By Robi Robo on 02/05/10 21:28 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased to replace an old Audi Quattro, it is the worse car I ever drive and a huge disappointment: uncomfortable with those checky shock and hard seats, bad gas mileage (around 21-22), boring to drive and unefficient AWD. It is the first time I was stock on my driveway and this unsecured feeling on wet/snow roads. We though that was because on the tires, But tire Plus told us it has the best tires for the car.

RECALL, but wait!
By wade on 02/02/10 12:41 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

purchased with the help of GM points and cash for clunkers program. So, what's a good GM vehicle? Ouch, me too. Guess what, the Toyota built (80%) with a pontiac skin, is GM's best car! Check out the rating guides,it's Gm's best period! Ok, looked at it, and wow! Sporty look, interior room is suv like. I'm serious. AWD,great for wisconsin's winters. It's funny, I've read other reviews and zippy was mentioned often. My wife and I nicknamed the car "zippy" when describing the ride and feeling we get when driving. But, now we have a re-call on this vehicle! 100% fact. My service man has said we will recieve a re-call letter from Pontiac. We are @ the bottom of the food chain. Minor I hope!

Great Purchase
By jeronomo on 01/23/10 21:48 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is actually the 1.8 L auto which is not listed as an option on Edmunds. This is a great under the radar car. It is compact enough to get good gas mileage and fit in small spaces but still feels spacious inside, with a lot of possible cargo room. I like the exterior styling better than the matrix (it's twin) or the fit. No problems so far!

Has to stop and think about accelerating
By Darryl on 12/18/09 07:37 AM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has a hesitation, a miss, a delay in acceleration, a hiccup after stepping on the gas………………….it is obvious to me all the time and there to catch my attention whenever I try to go. It's not a shift issue, shifting up & down is fine. The problem is: step on the gas at 20 mph it dips its nose then goes, or step on the gas at 30 mph it dips its nose then goes, or step on the gas at 40 mph it dips its nose then goes, or step on the gas at 50 mph it dips its nose then goes, and so on. Kinda been snubbed by my dealership's service department on this, not sure if their problem, GM's issue, or what.

Excellent, fun car so far
By Chelsea Michigan on 11/26/09 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a '10 Vibe as part of CARS program -- it was very hard to find one in stock, they sold like hotcakes. We wanted a base Vibe, stripped down without add-on features (not even a/c), but couldn't find one. We wound up with a 1.8L and manual transmission, but with a/c. But that's OK. It's a very good car -- we really enjoy it! Our only complaints are the pretty tepid highway acceleration (which can be scary when merging onto highway in front of trucks), and the bizarre location of roof antenna, noted in many other reviews, which makes it hard to do much with roof rack.

Great car
By Dan P. on 11/16/09 22:34 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the last new Vibe GT in the northeast. Traveled almost 200 miles. Worth every mile. Great acceleration with the manual trans. Comfortable seats. Roomy enough to store all my junk and then some. Better looking than the Toyota Matrix. Even my 9 year old son likes the looks of this car. I stole this car for $15k after all the discounts. Finally I have a car that I enjoy driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback in VA is:

$126 per month*