2010 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Reliable car
By manitoba1 on 06/23/12 05:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have put on 80,000 km with no issues to report. We like the gas mileage and cargo space. Very good on ice and gravel. Noisier and less room than our sequoia, but a lot more practical for 2 or 3 people.

Glad I bought it
By budman on 05/26/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Really like the car. Rides nice, handles better than expected. Got 35.5 MPG on 600 mile trip. Have 11000 miles on it and no complaints. Used Clunker money, GM rebate and GM card rebate. Paid 9900.00 for a new car. Thought that only happened to other people.. Plus GM 5 year/100,000 mile power train protection.

Noisy, Poor outward visibility
By Mike Joseph on 03/28/10 22:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car only for two weeks and my first impression was how small this car is and fits so much inside. It took me a while until I got used to windows and mirrors, its hard to see everything from these little windows so I was always worried about the blind spots. Also the way the hood was designed there is no way that you can see the end of the car or at least if you are close to hit something. The way the car handles is really good, it lacks power but what can you expect from a 1.8 liter engine. The main issue that I had with this car was the road noise, its so weird that you can never get comfortable when you drive on a highway from the noise level.

Great Purchase
By jeronomo on 01/23/10 21:48 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is actually the 1.8 L auto which is not listed as an option on Edmunds. This is a great under the radar car. It is compact enough to get good gas mileage and fit in small spaces but still feels spacious inside, with a lot of possible cargo room. I like the exterior styling better than the matrix (it's twin) or the fit. No problems so far!

Excellent, fun car so far
By Chelsea Michigan on 11/26/09 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a '10 Vibe as part of CARS program -- it was very hard to find one in stock, they sold like hotcakes. We wanted a base Vibe, stripped down without add-on features (not even a/c), but couldn't find one. We wound up with a 1.8L and manual transmission, but with a/c. But that's OK. It's a very good car -- we really enjoy it! Our only complaints are the pretty tepid highway acceleration (which can be scary when merging onto highway in front of trucks), and the bizarre location of roof antenna, noted in many other reviews, which makes it hard to do much with roof rack.

Great Value
By Karen K on 09/12/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With carpools days now behind me, I was looking to replace my minivan with something that still offered significant cargo space but got better MPG than the non-hybrid SUVs on the market. Chose the 1.8L Vibe and am very happy with it's versatility, handling and economy. At age 52, I got my first speeding ticket while "grooving" to the XM radio tunes when driving it on it's first turnpike ride. I like to think of this ticket as a testament to my enjoyment of the smoothness of the ride and audio system on my new vehicle. With it's excellent safety features, reliable Toyota engine, MPG and interior space, I think the Vibe is an exceptional value.

A Good Vibe!
By Janda on 09/08/09 06:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We picked up our new Vibe just in time for a family trip - loaded the boys, the bikes and the bags and put 700 miles on pretty quickly. This is the best purchase I've ever made - I love it, I'm glad i got one in time and wish they were still making them.

Great Economic and Stylish Choice
By Gary T on 08/20/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The CARS program paved the way for the wife to research cars that achieved 30+ miles per gallon and the Vibe came up as a strong contender in the fuel economy arena. After learning that the current model actually came out in 2009, she proceeded to research reviews on last years model and discovered that the '09 Vibe had achieved a very respectable 9 out of 10 Edmunds ranking and very favorable reviews across the board. Dealer inventory in our area is disappearing at a rapid pace so the Vibe has deservedly caught on in Pontiac's 11th hour exit. We both agree that this is indeed a vehicle that shouts reliability, comfort and economy and if performance is lacking, we don't notice. Impressive!

Last of the breed
By Dakovich on 08/19/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 1.8L with optional Auto tranny. We went with the Vibe over a Scion XD for many reasons. Better looks, better interior, way more comfortable, seats go up/down, tilt/telescope wheel, more room, larger cargo area, similar mpg, still a Toyota basically so equally reliable, and the GM warranty beats the Toyota/Scion one. 1.8L Auto has plenty of juice for us, we're not aggressive drivers but it has get up and go when needed. We like the tight suspension and steering which takes bumps surprisingly well. Not many 1.8L's left around, lots of 2.4L's and AWD's though. We Didn't want to trade mpg for the extra power.

Good Soild Car
By ultrawolf on 08/16/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a '10 Vibe, 1.8L, automatic transmission rental for a week, and put 1100 miles on it, almost all highway miles. My wife and I both own '09 Honda Fits (me-Sport, her-Base). Compared with the Fit, the Vibe has a smoother, softer ride, and the powertrain is also very smooth. It shifts very smoothly and the engine has decent enough power considering it's only a 1.8L. Even downshifting to 3rd gear at 70 MPH climbing hills, the engine doesn't sound like it's going to rev itself to death. Overall, a very competent car. But, compared with the Fit, pretty boring, not at all "sporty". Also, the windows are small, and the high door sills make you feel like you're sitting down in a hole.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Pontiac Vibe in NJ is:

$214 per month*