Used 2010 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Reliable car
By manitoba1

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have put on 80,000 km with no issues to report. We like the gas mileage and cargo space. Very good on ice and gravel. Noisier and less room than our sequoia, but a lot more practical for 2 or 3 people.

Favorite Features

Reliable, economical, safe.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy on gravel road

Glad I bought it
By budman

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Really like the car. Rides nice, handles better than expected. Got 35.5 MPG on 600 mile trip. Have 11000 miles on it and no complaints. Used Clunker money, GM rebate and GM card rebate. Paid 9900.00 for a new car. Thought that only happened to other people.. Plus GM 5 year/100,000 mile power train protection.

Favorite Features

Handling and comfort of seating. Also roof rack is handy if you need it.

Suggested Improvements

Gear shift a little high.

Noisy, Poor outward visibility
By Mike Joseph

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car only for two weeks and my first impression was how small this car is and fits so much inside. It took me a while until I got used to windows and mirrors, its hard to see everything from these little windows so I was always worried about the blind spots. Also the way the hood was designed there is no way that you can see the end of the car or at least if you are close to hit something. The way the car handles is really good, it lacks power but what can you expect from a 1.8 liter engine. The main issue that I had with this car was the road noise, its so weird that you can never get comfortable when you drive on a highway from the noise level.

Favorite Features

I like the space in the car, the size and design from outside is great. I also like the way the dashboard was designed and the cup/bottle holders in the center and doors.

Suggested Improvements

I would definitely improve the outward visibility because its so dangerous the way it is now. Bluetooth feature for the radio should a standard. Work on the noise level in the car. Also the braking system should be improved, the car doesn't stop fast.

Great Purchase
By jeronomo

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is actually the 1.8 L auto which is not listed as an option on Edmunds. This is a great under the radar car. It is compact enough to get good gas mileage and fit in small spaces but still feels spacious inside, with a lot of possible cargo room. I like the exterior styling better than the matrix (it's twin) or the fit. No problems so far!

Favorite Features

Rear window wiper, standard 3-pronged outlet, fold down rear seats, good performance for an economy type car, spaciousness.

Suggested Improvements

Pillar in the back is kind of big so using side mirrors is a must. Center arm rest could be made of nicer material.

Excellent, fun car so far
By Chelsea Michigan

2010 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a '10 Vibe as part of CARS program -- it was very hard to find one in stock, they sold like hotcakes. We wanted a base Vibe, stripped down without add-on features (not even a/c), but couldn't find one. We wound up with a 1.8L and manual transmission, but with a/c. But that's OK. It's a very good car -- we really enjoy it! Our only complaints are the pretty tepid highway acceleration (which can be scary when merging onto highway in front of trucks), and the bizarre location of roof antenna, noted in many other reviews, which makes it hard to do much with roof rack.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission is fun to drive, far more spacious inside than you would expect (it will carry A LOT of stuff), excellent gas mileage (we are averaging 33-34 mpg through first 5000 miles). We are really happy overall with the car, and with the decision to purchase it.

Suggested Improvements

1.8L engine has good gas mileage and is fine once at speed, but can have weak acceleration when merging on highway. And get rid of the center-mounted roof antenna! It sticks up and makes the roof rack much less functional (it unscrews, I think, or can be replaced with aftermarket options).