2009 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Review: Great Value

2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Value
By Opnun on

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a great buy! Purchased new. After one year of ownership, absolutely no problems (especially related to the accelerator recall). Have performed all regular maintenance, taken several long trips (1000+ miles) and the car has performed flawlessly. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room and don't feel beat up after a long trip. Love the extras that I couldn't find on a comparative Honda Fit, including Onstar, XM radio, traction control, AC Power plug, and spacious interior for a compact wagon. 2.4 liter engine is great for quick acceleration. Have gotten up to 35 mpg on highway at 70 mph. Deals were so good at the time, I wish I had bought two!

Favorite Features

Safety, air bag placement, XM Radio, Onstar, well illuminated dash, outdoor temp gauge, awesome sound system, keyless entry, versatile storage for groceries etc., flat folding front passenger seat for loading the whole length of car, hard loading surfaces so no carpet to rip. Great turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Only reason I wouldn't give this car a perfect "10" is rear visibility. Have to really look good when backing or changing lanes. Still, will not find a better deal for the money.