Good Vibes!
By goodvibes on
2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I was looking for a luxurious sporty car, and test drove the Vibe on a whim because it caught my eye. I fell in love with this car and could not be more happy with my purchase. The Vibe is well built for a car of it's class. I feel confidant that I will be driving my Vibe for many years. Mine had 36k on it when I bought her. I was able to buy a GMAC warranty for a whopping $1100. due to the low miles. I have my oil changes done at the dealership due to the type of oil the Vibe requires. I have my dogs kennel tethered to the child seat restraint hooks in the back seat.
Favorite Features
Onstar, air bag system, mileage, comfort, style, AC power, multi function cargo area.
Suggested Improvements
Larger rear and back quarter glass.
By goodvibes
on 01/20/12 10:46 AM (PST)

My 20 year old son totaled my VIBE in August 2011. I am commenting on my review to let people know how safe this car is. I hope no one has to experience anything like this, but it is important to me to inform other VIBE drivers. He walked away from a 40 mph drivers side front quarter panel collision with some singed arm hair from the airbag. The retaining wall he hit was repaired but my VIBE was not. Due to the angle of my car while he was speeding around the corner all but the passenger air bags deployed. In addition, the car performed exactly as designed in a crash of this type. The quarter panel and it's contents peeled back and barely pulled on the weld of the frame. No glass was broken and the door still opened.