2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Best yet
By Emil on 08/28/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We drove mini-vans for years& didn't need 3rd.seat anymore.We looked at many small wagons & found the vibe superior for room for the price.Have averaged 33.4 MPG for 4200 miles- city&highway.Very quiet-no wind or road noise.Shifts smooth with plenty pep-cruises at 70 MPH with ease.Have not been back to dealer for any problems.Too bad GM is quitting one of the best cars they have had.

surprising!
By soccermom09 on 08/22/09 08:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car 5 months ago to replace an SUV so was not sure about sitting lower to the road. I was pleasantly surprised by this Vibe. The drivers seat raises, giving me some of the height I used to enjoy. This car is just fun to drive! Pick up is great, handles well. My 17 year old loves to drive it too. I have not had a chance to try out the AWD yet, but if my current satisfaction is any measure I know I will not be slowed by any snow!

09 Go
By Al on 08/05/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year now and have enjoy great performance at 25 MPG. Looks small but is large inside. love the self shift feature and the Monsson sound system is great. Stock tires are great in snow and rain. I have had no problems thus far- this car is basically a Toyota Matrix as it is built in same assembly plant.

Great buy right now
By Q on 07/28/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the 2.4 2009 vibe with manual trans. I offered $200 less than the TMV and they accepted my first offer to my surprise. Great car and if you want to buy one, offer a ridiculously low amount to start with. They are practically giving these away with all the incentives. I wanted the 1.8L, but couldn't find one. The 2.4 is more than enough power, but I still get over 30 MPG with 50/50 driving, so I'm very happy. Manual is fun to drive and very comfortable. Cargo space is great, as I can fit my bike in the back without taking any wheels off. Sound system is great. I switched from a huge suburban to this and I don't regret it. Cash for clunkers program is a great deal.

2009 Pontiac Vibe
By jmklein on 07/22/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have just purchased a new 2009 Vibe with optional auto/manual shift package, 17 chrome rims/rear spoiler, and other little misc. options as well. The car is definitely worth its weight in gold, I traded in my 2003 Grand Am, and am very impressed that Pontiac has stuck with the great responsive, sport like steering. The car overall has great body lines, interior is comfortable, and the fold down rear seats including the passenger are a great feature. The overall pick-up response of the car is very impressive, especially in manual mode where you can get the few extra RPM's when wanting to get that "race feel." Overall, you can feel the great quality everytime you get behind the wheel.

A Versatile Fun Car
By Brian G. on 07/05/09 18:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for 2 weeks. It's so much fun to drive, and handles like a much more expensive vehicle. The ride is quiet and smooth, and the 2.4 engine provides more than enough power. The interior seems spacious and all the controls are in easy access. The interior uses alot of plastic, however it does not look or appear cheap. The seats are very comfortable in the front and rear, and the cargo space is incredible when the rear seats are folded down. The A/C blows nice and cold which is a plus, since I live in Florida. I wanted the upgraded radio, but mine has the base radio, however it sounds great. I've driven in some very heavy rain, and this car was terrific! GREAT CAR!!!

Best Bang for Your Bucks
By mjb56 on 07/01/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is our 2nd Vibe, the first being an 05, which was a great vehicle. This one easily surpasses that. Very smooth and quiet, by comparison with good power. Fuel mileage has been outstanding. With the rebates and credit card points available it was a deal we couldn't pass up, even though we weren't in the market for a new car. However, my wife has already informed me that she will be getting a speeding ticket as this Vibe is much quicker and smoother than her old one. We're extremely pleased, again. Can't believe GM won't be offering this vehicle any more. Major mistake! Please reconsider, GM.

My Second Vibe/part two
By Ron on 06/19/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I must admit that I too was driving my Vibe for the first week in third gear not realizing that 3rd gear is left and 4th(overdrive) is right at the same position on the automatic shifter. That erases my earlier comment on the need for a "4(forward)speed transmission" as the 1.8L Vibe has one. ...not sure I understand the comment about the noisy ride as mine drives quietly---certainly less noise than in the '03 version. Looking forward to 200K miles in this vehicle!

Love to drive this car
By jjividen on 06/18/09 18:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is our second Vibe, an '04 and an "08 but this one has the big engine and flies. It handles like a sports car, beats college students from light to light, has a great sounding stereo (love the XM stations), is so roomy I can load my entire art display in it and just bungee the hatch door down to travel, is comfortable on long drives (which I love now that this car in under me), it looks beautiful with the black pearl paint, sunroof and spoiler and the wheels get admiring looks now that I took out the center plastic hubs for a sportier look.

1 yr, 26000 miles - Nice Car
By Nancy on 06/14/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I waited for the AWD to return in 2009, and am happy I did. Nice, tight steering, it has more pickup than my 6 cyl Stratus, & the AWD plows through snow like a champ. Lots of cargo space and super-versatile layout. I can fit almost anything that would have fit in my Blazer. CONS: I wish the Vibe offered more options. In this day and age, itís crazy that you canít get power seats even if you want them! Like others, I noticed the chippy paint, but thought it was due to living on a rocky dirt road. Also, everyone is raving about the milage- itís ok, but I think a car of this size could do better. Overall, I LOVE it! This is a great car for the money and I would happily buy another.