Used 2009 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

A Great Little Car that GM Killed
By Michigan Man

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A great vehicle that unfortunately fell due to the fate of GM. Purchased 2 years ago and no issues at all - always follow the scheduled maintenance and visit a GM dealer. I would purchase a Vibe as my next vehicle if it still existed.

Driving experience

Somewhat of a extended blind spot in the rear when backing up but have accommodated for this - very careful

Great little car
By RoundhouseMan

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had two years of fun and economical driving. It has lots of space for carrying people and cargo. The cargo area is high enough that I was even able to get a boxed dishwasher in the back with the seats folded and the lift gate closed, yet it still feels like a compact vehicle. Manual driver's seat adjustment up and down is possible (not just sliding the seat back and forth), a plus for short people. Mileage is 30-33 on the freeway. I would buy another in the future if they were still making them. Dealer and service are great.

Roominess; fold-down seats; fun to drive

Visibility slightly impaired by right rear support post.

Delivers On Target For Its Design!
By pearlsport03

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, I bought this as a lease return with 15k. But it's GM Certified. Now, review for what it is, not for what is not. It delivers on every aspect of its designed mission. It's an AWD AT SUV/5 door lift back, with comfortable seating for 4 (5 if you have kids). Great space to load stuff with seats down. Peppy, quiet, nice handling, not too stiff or spongy, and fuel economy is pretty darn good for an AWD. It's easy to get between 25 and 30 mpg normal driving. Sound system/CD/MP3/XM is very nice, and On Star is a plus. Mostly Toyota Matrix twin, so I know it's gonna be durable and last (parts will always be around). AWD w/AT will use more gas than 2WD, but that's expected. 2 Thumbs Up!

Economical AWD even with automatic. Solid, handles and rides great. Looks good, comfortable yet sporty, and

Hmm, nothing really. Door ding guards would be nice, and lighted vanity mirror for passenger. To add more options would be nice, but not necessary. If I had wanted Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Lexus etc., characteristics, then that's what I would have bought (for a ton more money).

Love the Vibe
By Debbie

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and love it! It is fun to drive, great radio, and I love the room in the back with the fold down seats. I am able to fit my two dogs back their easily. I look forward to many years driving this car.

Gas mileage, cup holders everywhere, radio, roominess

Seat comfort, front license plate bracket

Great Value
By Opnun

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a great buy! Purchased new. After one year of ownership, absolutely no problems (especially related to the accelerator recall). Have performed all regular maintenance, taken several long trips (1000+ miles) and the car has performed flawlessly. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room and don't feel beat up after a long trip. Love the extras that I couldn't find on a comparative Honda Fit, including Onstar, XM radio, traction control, AC Power plug, and spacious interior for a compact wagon. 2.4 liter engine is great for quick acceleration. Have gotten up to 35 mpg on highway at 70 mph. Deals were so good at the time, I wish I had bought two!

Safety, air bag placement, XM Radio, Onstar, well illuminated dash, outdoor temp gauge, awesome sound system, keyless entry, versatile storage for groceries etc., flat folding front passenger seat for loading the whole length of car, hard loading surfaces so no carpet to rip. Great turning radius.

Only reason I wouldn't give this car a perfect "10" is rear visibility. Have to really look good when backing or changing lanes. Still, will not find a better deal for the money.