2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2009 Pontiac Vibe

2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2009 Pontiac Vibe
By jmklein on

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have just purchased a new 2009 Vibe with optional auto/manual shift package, 17 chrome rims/rear spoiler, and other little misc. options as well. The car is definitely worth its weight in gold, I traded in my 2003 Grand Am, and am very impressed that Pontiac has stuck with the great responsive, sport like steering. The car overall has great body lines, interior is comfortable, and the fold down rear seats including the passenger are a great feature. The overall pick-up response of the car is very impressive, especially in manual mode where you can get the few extra RPM's when wanting to get that "race feel." Overall, you can feel the great quality everytime you get behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the responsive Pontiac steering, great sleek styling, and the very throaty little 2.4 4 cyl. with the optional auto/manual shift transmission. Overall, a fantastic, quality piece of machinery, that is felt everytime you turn the key.

Suggested Improvements

The best improvement I could give even though this great car is being phased out is to pull the center of the dash more around the driver, the radio controls are slightly hard to reach, when sitting comfortably, and can be quite a reach for the averaged height person.