Used 2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Good Vibes!
By goodvibes

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a luxurious sporty car, and test drove the Vibe on a whim because it caught my eye. I fell in love with this car and could not be more happy with my purchase. The Vibe is well built for a car of it's class. I feel confidant that I will be driving my Vibe for many years. Mine had 36k on it when I bought her. I was able to buy a GMAC warranty for a whopping $1100. due to the low miles. I have my oil changes done at the dealership due to the type of oil the Vibe requires. I have my dogs kennel tethered to the child seat restraint hooks in the back seat.

Onstar, air bag system, mileage, comfort, style, AC power, multi function cargo area.

Larger rear and back quarter glass.

Great car for great price!
By blargal

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was on the search for a car for two weeks and almost bought a Mazda3 so glad I didn't! This little car is very well made and i've always loved pontiacs as my first car was one and never had an issue with it till it got in an accident. I thought i couldn't afford this car when I first test drove it but I got it right in my price range per month had great credit and apr and I knocked them down to 13grand :) basicly for the price you just can't beat the deal on a reliable car like this. Oh I chose the GT model cause thats what I have...but its an auto but has the option to switch to manual sooo 5 speed manual? only option they had lol.

I LOVE the dashboard, was weary of it when I saw it online but in person its very nice looking with the white and red and the design! I like the extra features of moon roof, auto lights, great sound system, mp3 adapter and all the little areas to put things in :) don't let the outside make you think this small car is compact its anything but, its more roomy then my old ford tauras! As I said great car for the price if your interested in a nice small hatchback look into these they are rare on the road and cheeper to get right now cause they are a pontiac :)

Turning radius isn't all to great, fine for the road but for turning around or getting out of tight spaces it takes a lot of shifting its about the same as my 02 ford taurus which is kinda sad really. PAINT!!!! One thing to watch out for when buying one of these cars is it seems they used cheep paint I have it in writing that mine will get detailed for free but there is A LOT of deep scratches and pot marks (like if a rock hits it) so be prepaired unlike I was to possibly get it painted if the dealer won't do it. Blind spots are large while trying to merge to a new lane, large mirrors help but not fully.

Fantastic Little Hatchback
By LostPsyche

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car a month and I love this thing. It is really fun to drive and seems to be really solid on the road even in the turns. It is no Mazda 3 but for me it is sporty enough with a lot of practical applications. I really wish GM had not killed this car off, they could have re-badged it to a Chevy or Buick nameplate which is a shame that they just let it drop instead. The cruise control takes a bit to get used to. The Engine is nice too, a little torquey on take offs but it is a solid engine and great for quick merges.

The fold down rear and front passenger seat. The little storage compartments through out the vehicle are really nice! I also like the fact it has traction and stability control and the automatic headlights. The I-Pod Aux and the steering wheel controls are nice as well.

The Rear pillars and the small rear window are a pain but I got 2 spot mirrors and they work great for merging and eliminating the massive blind spots. I do wish the tires were narrower since I live in the snow belt but I will take the trade off. Better Fuel economy would be nice as well.

Pretty good for the money
By chlywily

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been very reliable, but has an intermittent knocking when started sometimes. Can be hot or cold and the dealer has no clue.

Contemporary styling

The Mighty Vibe
By CouldaHadaV8

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! We've had it for about 2 1/2 years and it's running strong, even being driven by a teenager. We are pleased with the mileage, styling, comfort and power of this car.

The swift/angry/fast styling, reliability.

Not so cheap feeling plastics, a sportier handling maybe? Not much wrong with this car.