2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Reliable Winter Driving
By Richard on 03/01/09 17:00 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had the car for only two months. Its the AWD model and it gets up our 300 ft 25-30 degree sloped paved driveway even before it's plowed. It handles great in all conditions. I enjoy sliding in and out of the cabin with ease. Some minor complaints, would be the trauf that the windshield wipers sit in. It gathers snow and ice. I wish the ignition area would lite up at night. The car is getting about 23 miles to a gallon on mostly highway driving. Could be due to the cold weather and it's not broken in yet?????

A winner
By Bill on 01/22/09 16:04 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased the Vibe after much research, to replace our 2000 Impala. The Vibe has great interior room. Functional and fun to drive. The 2.4 motor has enough pickup when merging into traffic. It looks good too!

Driving the Pontiac Vibe
By Lou Welke on 12/31/08 18:45 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Pontiac Vibe is one of many Pontiacs that I have owned. Having AWD on this car is awesome I was driving on packed snow and ice and it just kept on going and driving through deep snow didn't stop it and I passed vehicles on my street that had fwd and were stuck. The acceleration is very good and the gas mileage is acceptable. This is a great car and my wife loves it. We just drove from Grand Rapids Mich. to Pensacola Fl with a lot of baggage and it had lots of room for all of it.

Bye Bye SUV
By Steve Hale on 11/15/08 17:17 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After looking for a replacement for my wife's SUV. I chose the 2009 AWD Vibe over the Subaru Impreza. The sunroof was not available in the Subaru which we desired. We also liked the plastic flat floor when the seats were down. Since the drive train is Toyota in the Vibe we new reliability should not be an issue. Add the XM radio and OnStar into the mix and the value seemed to be much better. So far my wife loves the car. We can't wait to see how the AWD does this winter.

fun to drive, but I'm disappointed
By Wisconsinite on 10/18/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

2.4 l automatic with sunroof and sound package. It's fun to drive, but I think the sunroof sucks up about 2 mpg. I have never gotten over 30 mpg in the 5,000 miles I've driven it. I drive about 80% highway and 20 small town (no traffic jams) and get 27-28 mpg with conservative driving. I'm disappointed b/c I hoped I'd get what others reported during the months before I purchased. The ride is really rough, too. If I knew I'd get this mpg, I'd probably have stuck with another Sebring with a cushy ride. Also, in order to get the roof rack, I had to pay for custom wheels, so the option was really about another $1,000. I will probably trade it in the spring for a different American vehicle.

Not just a city car
By PontiVibe on 10/01/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Vibe one day and set out on a 2000 km journey the next and was very impressed with the ride and handling. Completing mostly highway driving the 2.4 L engine has lot of power and is able to cruise along comfortably at above average highway speeds. For a small car the gas mileage is not overly great and is better compared to a small SUV than a car of equal size. However, if the Vibe is going to be used for highway driving the bigger engine provides lot of power for passing and merging into traffic. One real benefit of this vehicle is that it is able to handle unpaved roads very well and the traction control is an added asset when coming upon loose gravel.

Worth every penny
By Rich on 08/04/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Needed AWD due to living in Northern New England. Vibe was cheaper than Matrix with better warranty. Paid less than invoice. Needed versatility which Vibe had. People love the way it looks. Good value with Sun and Sound Package, AWD and Convenience package.

2009 Vibe
By JM on 07/12/08 09:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my vibe 2 months now, I do like it a lot it does handle well and the user friendly interior is great, like the curse control, it is easy to get in and out of. I like setting up a little higher that most cars. I love the color of mine it is Carbon gray, I do get a lot of complements on how it looks. The gas mileage is also good. Very disappointed when the On Star pkg doesn't include the Monthly auto ck on the vibe.

Great Car
By E Olexa on 07/10/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in late June and it has been fantastic! Great gas mileage (50% HWY) @ 28 MPG. I am 6 ft 3 in and I am very comfortable in the Vibe. The 2.4 L engine has plenty of passing power and climbs hills with no problems. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Totally sweet, I love it.
By Greg Pin on 07/09/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I only have one complaint with this car, the dead pedal in the car (the foot pad on the left for your left foot). I find it makes my knee sore after driving a couple hours. I have to constantly adjust my left leg. Maybe it is the angle the dead pedal puts your foot and leg in. Not sure but I do know it gives my left knee discomfort. I am working on creating a solution. Other that that the seating is very comfortable and room is very good. I feel safe in this car and that is a key feature for all buyers out their. Safety first, if you feel safe it must be good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe in VA is:

$112 per month*