Used 2009 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

At least I can still find a Matrix
By mecjac

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Almost at 100k miles and I have only had to replace the breaks and the oil filter housing (cheap part). I love my Vibe, bought it with 50k on it and have put 50k on it in the last 2 years. Its comfortable enough for the average commuter and very reliable. Great for hauling stuff around, and although no sports car its fun to drive. Good fuel economy, easily get 31-32 mpg. Only a few gripes, rear visibility is so-so, paint chips/scratches easy, speakers could be better.

Almost everything.

Back up cam? Better speakers and thicker/stronger paint.

After 2 years and 40K, no regrets!
By snowdog_ix

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new from a dealer a couple of years ago. I am 6'4", and I loved the headroom/interior space in this vehicle. I am a single father and was looking for value, reliability and gas efficiency. After a couple of tanks of gas driving in the city, I realized I was getting 7L/100km. Awesome! I am over 40K now and have only had it into the shop for 2 recalls. It has never let me down. It is not super powerfull on the highway. (slow going up a hill with the kids in the back) But I will trade that for the gas mileage I get any day. On-star in-car phone was interesting for the first year, but I let it expire because I didn't want to pay the fees.

Interior space/headroom. Well laid out interior. Gas efficiency. Reliability.

Needs a more durable paint job. There is no corrosion yet but the paint is very prone to scratching.

Good Vibes!
By goodvibes

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a luxurious sporty car, and test drove the Vibe on a whim because it caught my eye. I fell in love with this car and could not be more happy with my purchase. The Vibe is well built for a car of it's class. I feel confidant that I will be driving my Vibe for many years. Mine had 36k on it when I bought her. I was able to buy a GMAC warranty for a whopping $1100. due to the low miles. I have my oil changes done at the dealership due to the type of oil the Vibe requires. I have my dogs kennel tethered to the child seat restraint hooks in the back seat.

Onstar, air bag system, mileage, comfort, style, AC power, multi function cargo area.

Larger rear and back quarter glass.

Great car for great price!
By blargal

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was on the search for a car for two weeks and almost bought a Mazda3 so glad I didn't! This little car is very well made and i've always loved pontiacs as my first car was one and never had an issue with it till it got in an accident. I thought i couldn't afford this car when I first test drove it but I got it right in my price range per month had great credit and apr and I knocked them down to 13grand :) basicly for the price you just can't beat the deal on a reliable car like this. Oh I chose the GT model cause thats what I have...but its an auto but has the option to switch to manual sooo 5 speed manual? only option they had lol.

I LOVE the dashboard, was weary of it when I saw it online but in person its very nice looking with the white and red and the design! I like the extra features of moon roof, auto lights, great sound system, mp3 adapter and all the little areas to put things in :) don't let the outside make you think this small car is compact its anything but, its more roomy then my old ford tauras! As I said great car for the price if your interested in a nice small hatchback look into these they are rare on the road and cheeper to get right now cause they are a pontiac :)

Turning radius isn't all to great, fine for the road but for turning around or getting out of tight spaces it takes a lot of shifting its about the same as my 02 ford taurus which is kinda sad really. PAINT!!!! One thing to watch out for when buying one of these cars is it seems they used cheep paint I have it in writing that mine will get detailed for free but there is A LOT of deep scratches and pot marks (like if a rock hits it) so be prepaired unlike I was to possibly get it painted if the dealer won't do it. Blind spots are large while trying to merge to a new lane, large mirrors help but not fully.

Fantastic Little Hatchback
By LostPsyche

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car a month and I love this thing. It is really fun to drive and seems to be really solid on the road even in the turns. It is no Mazda 3 but for me it is sporty enough with a lot of practical applications. I really wish GM had not killed this car off, they could have re-badged it to a Chevy or Buick nameplate which is a shame that they just let it drop instead. The cruise control takes a bit to get used to. The Engine is nice too, a little torquey on take offs but it is a solid engine and great for quick merges.

The fold down rear and front passenger seat. The little storage compartments through out the vehicle are really nice! I also like the fact it has traction and stability control and the automatic headlights. The I-Pod Aux and the steering wheel controls are nice as well.

The Rear pillars and the small rear window are a pain but I got 2 spot mirrors and they work great for merging and eliminating the massive blind spots. I do wish the tires were narrower since I live in the snow belt but I will take the trade off. Better Fuel economy would be nice as well.

• SUV