2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
A Great Little Car that GM Killed
By Michigan Man on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A great vehicle that unfortunately fell due to the fate of GM. Purchased 2 years ago and no issues at all - always follow the scheduled maintenance and visit a GM dealer. I would purchase a Vibe as my next vehicle if it still existed.

Great little car
By RoundhouseMan on 08/29/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had two years of fun and economical driving. It has lots of space for carrying people and cargo. The cargo area is high enough that I was even able to get a boxed dishwasher in the back with the seats folded and the lift gate closed, yet it still feels like a compact vehicle. Manual driver's seat adjustment up and down is possible (not just sliding the seat back and forth), a plus for short people. Mileage is 30-33 on the freeway. I would buy another in the future if they were still making them. Dealer and service are great.

Delivers On Target For Its Design!
By pearlsport03 on 08/16/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, I bought this as a lease return with 15k. But it's GM Certified. Now, review for what it is, not for what is not. It delivers on every aspect of its designed mission. It's an AWD AT SUV/5 door lift back, with comfortable seating for 4 (5 if you have kids). Great space to load stuff with seats down. Peppy, quiet, nice handling, not too stiff or spongy, and fuel economy is pretty darn good for an AWD. It's easy to get between 25 and 30 mpg normal driving. Sound system/CD/MP3/XM is very nice, and On Star is a plus. Mostly Toyota Matrix twin, so I know it's gonna be durable and last (parts will always be around). AWD w/AT will use more gas than 2WD, but that's expected. 2 Thumbs Up!

Love the Vibe
By Debbie on 07/08/10 10:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and love it! It is fun to drive, great radio, and I love the room in the back with the fold down seats. I am able to fit my two dogs back their easily. I look forward to many years driving this car.

Great Value
By Opnun on 05/30/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a great buy! Purchased new. After one year of ownership, absolutely no problems (especially related to the accelerator recall). Have performed all regular maintenance, taken several long trips (1000+ miles) and the car has performed flawlessly. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room and don't feel beat up after a long trip. Love the extras that I couldn't find on a comparative Honda Fit, including Onstar, XM radio, traction control, AC Power plug, and spacious interior for a compact wagon. 2.4 liter engine is great for quick acceleration. Have gotten up to 35 mpg on highway at 70 mph. Deals were so good at the time, I wish I had bought two!

Best Hatch on the Market
By careckner on 05/22/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an amazing little car, its 2.4 L. engine is snappy enough to get to 60 in about 10 sec (shifting manually), plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 kids in car seats, cargo area is amazing, seats are very comfortable(and I'm 6'8") Seating position is very good,Gauges are bright, clear and well laid out, stereo is very good for stock. While shopping for this car, I tried a Nissan Versa, Hyundai Accent, Suzuki SX4, and a Dodge Caliber R/T, in the end it came down to this and the Caliber. Unfortunately GM doesn't have their act together, because this was by far the best economy car in their line up, fortunately its made by Toyota (Matrix Clone) so you get Toyota quality with Pontiac style.

Post recall thoughts
By WTH on 03/20/10 13:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Much better than the previous model. Much more comfortable. Much peppier. No problems merging on to hi-ways and fun on back roads. Great in rain and snow. If you have a strong ego it's more car than you'd ever need.

Great little car
By Cbrown on 02/28/10 17:57 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm very pleased with my Vibe. It's the AWD model. It handles well and is pretty zippy with the 2.4L engine. Upgraded factory sound system with Sirius/XM is great. Mileage has consistently been around 26-27 mpg. The car is great in the snow with or without snow tires. With the back seat down it has an amazing amount of cargo space. The back seat has a lot of leg room for a small car. Too bad they discontinued this car, I'd buy another one!

Nice Car - of Course GM Quit Making Them
By kc hillman on 02/11/10 17:16 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This bought used 2009 GT would be our second Vibe, also have a 2004 we bought new. The 2009 has the 2.4 engine which makes a lot of power for a car this size. The 5 speed automatic shifts flawlessly. The northeast U.S. has been getting bombarded with massive snow lately, but the Vibe hasn't let us down once! The 18 inch rims are quite sharp looking, the fit and finish appear to be up to par too. All in all a fine little vehicle!

Basic Transport with attitude!
By Tundra88 on 02/02/10 12:40 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My family needed to replace a very unreliable Volvo and decided to go with this Vibe. Toyota build at a GM price. Of course since the purchase we've had to deal with the gas pedal recall but otherwise it's been flawless. During the recent Atlanta ice storm we parked my 4WD pickup and drove the Vibe. It was great in the icy conditions. Stability control is awesome! Good gas mileage, decent handling and (subjective) good looking. Everyone in the family loves driving the Vibe, it's no race car, but then it's not supposed to be...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe in VA is:

$108 per month*