Used 2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Have twins!
By bought2nd

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 1.8 liter in March for my wife. I liked it so much that when I found a used one on the internet, I went and bought it. Did not realize it was a 2.4 liter. Has more power that the 1.8, but fuel economy is still good (approx 27) city driving.

So far I like everything about the vehicles. Only a few minor quibbles.

Better cup holders, cd/mp3 capability standard.

Pleased as punch
By rls1976

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was not in the market for a GM product, but had to go with GM, liked the looks of this car and am in love with it. Fun to drive on my hour and a half commute, and comfortable too. Sporty. My boyfriend is a gearhead and he even likes this car. Everyone who sees this car loves it. My passengers are comfy. I moved after purchasing the car, and it carried my stuff like a dream, way better than my previous car, a 2004 Dodge would have. I feel very safe with the Onstar, and the airbags and all the safety features. Only downfall is that my boyfriend is 6'4" and he doesn't fit right in the car when driving. He is very cramped and says that the high panels on the doors feel wierd.

XM rocks, comfy ride, I think the interior is really gorgeous.

More legroom in the driver's area. Something to protect plastic in cargo area would be nice. And something to keep people from being able to look in my cargo area would be good.

Practical But Fun
By Paul Crockett

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Pontiac Vibe GT, the first new car I've owned, in April of 2008. I cross-shopped it against a Honda Civic and a Mazda3 sedan. I found the Vibe to be more practical than the Mazda and nearly as fun to drive. It handles with confidence, and the 2.4L engine has ample power and a somewhat sporty sound. The appearance and build quality of the interior are nothing special, but the controls are well laid out and there are some useful features, such as the bag hook in the passenger footwell and the rear cargo organizer. Despite some quality control issues, I would recommend the Vibe to anyone looking for a small car that is highly practical, but also offers some driving enjoyment.

I like the smooth engine and sharp handling, and the styling is some of the best in this price range. The interior is thoughtfully-designed, the controls are simple and intuitive, (even the radio), and the seats are comfortable. The Monsoon stereo sounds great, and XM is standard.

The interior plastic scratches too easily, and the rear has some large blind spots. Quality control needs improvement - in the first few months the car was in the shop multiple times for dragging brakes, wheel caps that fell off, a leaky sunroof, and lettering on a sunroof switch that rubbed off.

Driving the Pontiac Vibe
By Lou Welke

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Pontiac Vibe is one of many Pontiacs that I have owned. Having AWD on this car is awesome I was driving on packed snow and ice and it just kept on going and driving through deep snow didn't stop it and I passed vehicles on my street that had fwd and were stuck. The acceleration is very good and the gas mileage is acceptable. This is a great car and my wife loves it. We just drove from Grand Rapids Mich. to Pensacola Fl with a lot of baggage and it had lots of room for all of it.

I like the extra package storage and the 120 V outlet. I also like the interior fuel door opener

I would like to have a bump strip down the sides of this car.

Love it
By scott

2009 Pontiac Vibe Hatchback GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have put 21,000 miles on my car and consistently get around 30 MPG. 80 highway 20 city. I have read the reviews and all the people complaining about radio, seats and engine performance, and other stuff. Let me tell them and you, do not go cheap, get the GT loaded up. The only option I did not get is the automatic. I did not want it. This little car handles just fine in the snow too. Traction control is very helpful. I have had no trouble with it so far. (8 months) If you are thinking of buying one, do not hesitate. Just go buy one.

Monsoon radio, sunroof, 18 inch rims, all of the room inside. AC electrical outlet.

Windshield wipers.