2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
'09 Vibe base first impressions
By 09Vibe on 03/26/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a base model with automatic. Compared to previous generation model, improvements in interior ergonomics and performance were immediately evident. I especially appreciate that the car comes standard with side air bags/StabiliTrak/ OnStar, even in the least expensive model. Standard sound system is wonderful and includes XM radio. Overall, I'm extremely happy to be a new Vibe owner!

2009 Vibe
By john on 03/19/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

as much fun as my 2006 civic but more practical. I have a 2.4 with 5 spd auto which wasn't a choice on the drop down menu on this website. Just got back from a 5000 km road trip and got about 39 mpg (Canadian) I rated the reliability high but really don't have the mileage to prove that, although the warranty is by Canadian standards very generous.

I still miss my 2005 Vibe!
By Leslie Davies on 03/19/08 05:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 4th AWD drive Vibe I have owned. I had to purchase it sight unseen since my '05 lease was ending. I was delighted to hear that Pontiac was bring the AWD back, since it is such a fun, easy, efficient car to do errands around town. I only have 200 miles on it so I suppose I need a little time to adjust. It is attractive outside and I love the bright red. Inside, as a 5 foot tall women, I am still bothered by the lowering of the rear view mirror to accommodate the Onstar system, and the repositioning of the front right roof columns, along with the larger side mirrors. These 3 things seem to change my sight lines-they are different than my others models.

As fun as it looks....
By badgerfan68 on 03/17/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '09 Vibe for about a month and really enjoy it. I have a GT w/ the 4sp automatic. The vehicle is responsive with excellent acceleration and the steering is tight and active. We've already taken a weekend road trip with the vehicle and comfortable carried my wife, child, dog and all the necessary gear associated with the aforementioned. On the highway, we achieved 30 MPG, in town around 25 MPG. The ride is very smooth and quiet, with minimal road noise. There are no squeaks and rattles so far (which drive me crazy) and the fit and finish is clean and tight. Storage room is ample for compact car.

Love It!
By vibe owner on 03/07/08 05:45 AM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I just got our 2009 Vibe GT and this car is so fun to drive! We have had the car for 6 days and I have put on 450 miles!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe in VA is:

$107 per month*