Used 2009 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2009 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

2009 Pontiac Vibe
By Michael Davenport

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great Value for dependable car to run around town. We bought ours for our teen drivers to use. It had ESC which is hard to find in a base model affordable car before 2010.

Love my Vibe
By Donna

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Looked for a 2009 Pontiac Vibe based on a Consumer Reports recommendation when I was looking for a good used car at the end of 2013. I continue to be very pleased with my sporty little car. My mechanic said it was "kind of peppy." He likes it too, and he said they are easy to work on.

More room than you think
By June Dabbs

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The front passenger seat folds down as well as the back seat, loads of cargo room.

Great little car
By George Dossett

2009 Pontiac Vibe GT 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable. Found many good condition cars with 200k miles.

Great small white utility car 1.8 Automatic
By ingrid

2009 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got mine when the model was new in late 2008 , and over the years the car had a bunch of recalls on both the GM and Toyota component but no problem getting them done by the dealership.The biggest recall was on the CV boots.

At 82,000 miles I am on my second set of tires, brakes .Some small chip paint on the hood , no discoloration on headlamps.Inside ,the volume knob is only part that is loose . I do notice the accelaration from 0-65 is not as fast as it use to be but once you are there it accelrates to 75-85 pretty fast . I am fast safe driver on the freeway. Some rattling here and there but nothing unusual.
I augmented the visual side mirrors since I had a few close call of the blind spots.
When the back seat are folded it creat a hugh loading space where we can feet 5-6 feet long objects from Ikea , a projector screen. So my car has become the utility car .
Always love the high sitting position, with my bad back and hip ,it really helps a lot .Too bad they stopped making this model, they should have converted this into a hybrid . I think this is one of the better designed compact utility hatchback body car out there, escpecially with the high rating crash test.