2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (27 reviews )
2004 Pontiac Vibe 4 door.hatchback
By brenda1951 on 08/05/14 15:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my bive, i bought it new with 4 miles on it. I have had it 10 yrs. has been a great car for me, if I had the money and could get another car I would search for another Vibe... I am sadden they don't make them any longer. I don't like sun roofs, but the inside of the 2004 vibe is the style I would search for .. 2004--2008/// Great car in my eyes and heart.. Love my vibe wouldn't get another if I had to and couldn't get a Vibe I'd get the same company that made mine a Toyota.. maybe a Matres.. I would have to do some searching...

best in its class
By all_pr on 05/24/12 01:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I never owned this vehicle but was assigned one of the 4 owned by the place i used to work.I got it with less than 50 miles basically brand new i used to drove 200 up to 500 miles daily and have to say this car was great in every way. First lets call things by their name this is a 4 cylinder economy base car you can't expect great acceleration or killer looks or comforts found in luxury cars.I put 108k miles in 14 months besides oil changes(cheap oil by the way every 7500 miles) and wiper blades it never gave any problem if that is not reliable i don't know what it is.Even the tires it came with lasted for about 13 months.Sometimes i question the ability of some people to review cars.

Great buy
By Bob on 08/12/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of extras in the Pontiac version power roof, windows roof rails etc. Very peppy and fun and easy to drive. Bought for my teen who is a new driver and it has been perfect.

Out of 17 cars owned thye BEST ONE yet!
By tony on 02/15/10 04:32 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My second Vibe! My first one was gave to my father inlaw. He is handicap and over wieghtaking it hard for him to get in and out of a car. This car is perfect for him. Also, this gave me a good reason to buy a new one! Only thing is the enlinks went bad on the car while still under warrenty and the dealer will not fix. This is not a mark against the car but a mark agaist the dealership!

So good I bought it twice!
By Breeze on 09/28/09 06:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 1st Vibe in 2003. I loved it. I am a park ranger but grew up in the city, this car was the best of both! It has nice style for the city yet it was perfect when I moved to Yellowstone. The back has ample space to fit all sorts of gear and the roof rack adds extra space. Front pass. seat flips down so when I bought 10 foot 2X4's they fit perfectly. Even if they had been longer I would not worry cause back window pops open! While traveling X country I recharged by AA batt. using the 2 prong outlet in dashboard. After hiking I throw my dirty boots in the trunk & never worry about a mess cause it is durable plastic. Never had a prob. In June I got 2008, gave 2003 to mom- she loves it

I love my vibe!
By melissa on 06/20/09 06:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car. its is a reliable, fun, peppy sporty little car, but at the same time works for my baby. getting him in and out is easy as the car sits fairly high as opposed to most other cars you have to bend over into.

LOVE THIS CAR!
By SHELLY on 06/05/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car on ebay from a dealer in texas. paid 13,000 car had 13,000 miles on it. i love the roomy interior. i use this more as a truck sometimes than a car. always seems i have something to haul and the fold down back seat is a lifesaver. we used this on a trip from NW indiana down to mississippi and had no problems. we use this car now more than our other one. havent had any problems and have owned for about six months but have made several long distance trips in it.

Is this really an American Car
By Skeets on 01/02/09 14:05 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I guess I picked the fully loaded version GT, which has everything everyone wants. In comparison to my Ford Explorer, it is small but roomy. Handles pretty well in wet and slick conditions as long as I don't try to put her on test by making sharp turns. Traction control is awsome, kept me straight on the road in past snowy days. It is not designed by Toyota but GM and Toyota has several projects done together under the name of Nummi. Just like Ford had been building Mercurry Villager and Nissan Quests on the same assembly line but general public does not know the inside facts.

Vibe
By Mike on 11/26/08 05:18 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car getting 34 mph highway with a manual. Capable of 150- 200 K easy. Too bad it takes Toyota to design such a great car for GM.

All around great
By Rocketman on 11/13/08 07:47 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Only problem I've had was the auto trans not shifting into the next gear at the end of a 550 mile trip, but that could have been the terrain. The seats are nice and hug you so that if you drive sporty you wont slide off on sharp turns. Tons of space if you need it. I got a loaded sun and sound, auto, preferred, monotone 08 Vibe for 18K out the door because they redesigned them for 2009 and pushing the 2008's out. Get a 2008 if you can! The MPG is great, really worth it because you get a nice zip without ruining your wallet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.