Used 2008 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (27 reviews )

2004 Pontiac Vibe 4 door.hatchback
By brenda1951

2008 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my bive, i bought it new with 4 miles on it. I have had it 10 yrs. has been a great car for me, if I had the money and could get another car I would search for another Vibe... I am sadden they don't make them any longer. I don't like sun roofs, but the inside of the 2004 vibe is the style I would search for .. 2004--2008/// Great car in my eyes and heart.. Love my vibe wouldn't get another if I had to and couldn't get a Vibe I'd get the same company that made mine a Toyota.. maybe a Matres.. I would have to do some searching...

best in its class
By all_pr

2008 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I never owned this vehicle but was assigned one of the 4 owned by the place i used to work.I got it with less than 50 miles basically brand new i used to drove 200 up to 500 miles daily and have to say this car was great in every way. First lets call things by their name this is a 4 cylinder economy base car you can't expect great acceleration or killer looks or comforts found in luxury cars.I put 108k miles in 14 months besides oil changes(cheap oil by the way every 7500 miles) and wiper blades it never gave any problem if that is not reliable i don't know what it is.Even the tires it came with lasted for about 13 months.Sometimes i question the ability of some people to review cars.

Cargo space decent mpg very reliable

radio display color(red yuk) the black body parts could look better if were painted same color as car

Great buy
By Bob

2008 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of extras in the Pontiac version power roof, windows roof rails etc. Very peppy and fun and easy to drive. Bought for my teen who is a new driver and it has been perfect.

Out of 17 cars owned thye BEST ONE yet!
By tony

2008 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My second Vibe! My first one was gave to my father inlaw. He is handicap and over wieghtaking it hard for him to get in and out of a car. This car is perfect for him. Also, this gave me a good reason to buy a new one! Only thing is the enlinks went bad on the car while still under warrenty and the dealer will not fix. This is not a mark against the car but a mark agaist the dealership!

Comfort! Gas mileage!

Better service at dealerships after the sale!!!

So good I bought it twice!
By Breeze

2008 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 1st Vibe in 2003. I loved it. I am a park ranger but grew up in the city, this car was the best of both! It has nice style for the city yet it was perfect when I moved to Yellowstone. The back has ample space to fit all sorts of gear and the roof rack adds extra space. Front pass. seat flips down so when I bought 10 foot 2X4's they fit perfectly. Even if they had been longer I would not worry cause back window pops open! While traveling X country I recharged by AA batt. using the 2 prong outlet in dashboard. After hiking I throw my dirty boots in the trunk & never worry about a mess cause it is durable plastic. Never had a prob. In June I got 2008, gave 2003 to mom- she loves it

Two prong outlet, flip down seats, durable plastic trunk and the Engine is a Toyota!

For the price- NONE! Don't expect the car to fly up steep mountains. It is only a 4 cylinder. However it is not slow either.