Used 2007 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (50 reviews )

Great Car, but my 97' Camry was better in snow
By SarahG

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car replaced a '97 Camry. The only reason I replaced the Camry was lack of cargo space. So far, it has been a great car that has been on par with my expectations. Gets great gas mileage, holds a surprising amount of stuff and the ride height is great (somewhere between a car and an SUV). Interior is modern and materials are cool. The only thing I really don't like about this car is that it's not too good in snow or rain ( and this is with snow tires in the front ). Even though it didn't have traction control, my Camry was actually quite a beast in the snow. I was a bit bummed this past winter when I skidded out of control a few times in the Vibe. Should've gotten the AWD version. A good car otherwise.

Great gas sipper
By Matt

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used car with 12,000 miles on the odometer. It now has 38,000 miles on it, including round trips from Minnesota to Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Ontario. It gets 37 mpg, 35 with 2 bikes on the back, and 30 even in congested Toronto.

Fold-down rear seats. Small turning circle. AC outlet.

ABS. 5 speed automatic. Smaller blind spots. Height adjustable passenger seat. Telescoping steering column.

Wonderful Car
By Northstar1

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I live in cold winter Western Canadian prairie climate and I am very pleased with my Vibe. Purchased new in January 2007 and I have accumulated 77,000 km (45,000 miles) in 3 full years. Absolutely no reliability issues whatsoever. FWD with manual 5 drives has always done quite well in snowy weather with aftermarket Michelin X- Ice tires. (You should never winter drive with all-seasons tires). Heater is good within 5 minutes and quite hot after 30 minutes. (Ditto for AC in summer with 33c [95F] heat). Excellent gas mileage. I like to travel in the intermountain western states. This car is an economical 'aircraft replacement vehicle' for my fun-filled long road trips. Camping is great as well.

Driver seat height-adjustment, fold- flat passenger seat, fold-flat rear seat/cargo area, in-dash power plug, 7- speaker stereo (richer sound than stereo in 2009-10 Vibe). Comfortable clean interior. Quiet long distance car (I have dealer-installed undercoating). Bright speedometer night display.

Overall wonderful car and no serious complaints. Better low-beam headlights but hi-beams fine. iPod jack on dash, although my Monster FM lighter adapter works well. A 3-prong plug on dash instead of 2-prong. Greater availability of side airbags. The slick manual 5 transmission from 2009- 10 model.

Great Car
By DriveAVibe

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I great car, for everyday travel or traveling long distances, however driving on gravel shakes you up real nice, and a lot of vibration coming from the dashboard area. However there is a ton of leg room in the front and back as well as several compartments, I have yet to have any problems with it, but it is difficult driving with just a few inches of snow. But as a "soccer mom car" I would highly recommend it!

driver seat raises for more of an SUV type seating rather then a feeling of dragging your behind on the pavement, adjustable dash lights, seats fold flat, with nice hidden spare tire. As well as a lot of cargo room and the great gas mileage! :)

Needs arm rests

2007 Vibe: a GREAT car!
By Commonsense

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I get better than 35 mpg in combined driving, most of it during rush hour. When traffic cooperates, I get better than 38 mpg. This car has lots of cargo space with the back seats folded down. It's made in America, costs less, is at least as reliable (no problems so far), and gets better mileage than the competing imports

Great mileage, good handling, 4 cylinder w/5-speed manual has plenty of pep (I live in a flat area, so can't say anything about hills), lots of cargo space, economical, American brand, American design, made in America

A/C lacks oomph on a 100-degree day, but it will still keep you comfortable. Telescoping steering wheel might be nice. Otherwise, keep up the good work! This is a GREAT car!