Used 2007 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (49 reviews )

Great gas sipper
By Matt

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used car with 12,000 miles on the odometer. It now has 38,000 miles on it, including round trips from Minnesota to Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Ontario. It gets 37 mpg, 35 with 2 bikes on the back, and 30 even in congested Toronto.

Favorite Features

Fold-down rear seats. Small turning circle. AC outlet.

Suggested Improvements

ABS. 5 speed automatic. Smaller blind spots. Height adjustable passenger seat. Telescoping steering column.

Wonderful Car
By Northstar1

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I live in cold winter Western Canadian prairie climate and I am very pleased with my Vibe. Purchased new in January 2007 and I have accumulated 77,000 km (45,000 miles) in 3 full years. Absolutely no reliability issues whatsoever. FWD with manual 5 drives has always done quite well in snowy weather with aftermarket Michelin X- Ice tires. (You should never winter drive with all-seasons tires). Heater is good within 5 minutes and quite hot after 30 minutes. (Ditto for AC in summer with 33c [95F] heat). Excellent gas mileage. I like to travel in the intermountain western states. This car is an economical 'aircraft replacement vehicle' for my fun-filled long road trips. Camping is great as well.

Favorite Features

Driver seat height-adjustment, fold- flat passenger seat, fold-flat rear seat/cargo area, in-dash power plug, 7- speaker stereo (richer sound than stereo in 2009-10 Vibe). Comfortable clean interior. Quiet long distance car (I have dealer-installed undercoating). Bright speedometer night display.

Suggested Improvements

Overall wonderful car and no serious complaints. Better low-beam headlights but hi-beams fine. iPod jack on dash, although my Monster FM lighter adapter works well. A 3-prong plug on dash instead of 2-prong. Greater availability of side airbags. The slick manual 5 transmission from 2009- 10 model.

Great Car
By DriveAVibe

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I great car, for everyday travel or traveling long distances, however driving on gravel shakes you up real nice, and a lot of vibration coming from the dashboard area. However there is a ton of leg room in the front and back as well as several compartments, I have yet to have any problems with it, but it is difficult driving with just a few inches of snow. But as a "soccer mom car" I would highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

driver seat raises for more of an SUV type seating rather then a feeling of dragging your behind on the pavement, adjustable dash lights, seats fold flat, with nice hidden spare tire. As well as a lot of cargo room and the great gas mileage! :)

Suggested Improvements

Needs arm rests

2007 Vibe: a GREAT car!
By Commonsense

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I get better than 35 mpg in combined driving, most of it during rush hour. When traffic cooperates, I get better than 38 mpg. This car has lots of cargo space with the back seats folded down. It's made in America, costs less, is at least as reliable (no problems so far), and gets better mileage than the competing imports

Favorite Features

Great mileage, good handling, 4 cylinder w/5-speed manual has plenty of pep (I live in a flat area, so can't say anything about hills), lots of cargo space, economical, American brand, American design, made in America

Suggested Improvements

A/C lacks oomph on a 100-degree day, but it will still keep you comfortable. Telescoping steering wheel might be nice. Otherwise, keep up the good work! This is a GREAT car!

Better than Basic
By Jello

2007 Pontiac Vibe 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as basic transportation 2 years ago, and it has exceeded my expectations. I average 34 mpg with my 5 speed, and have gotten over 40 on the highway. The car is cheap, and cheaply built, and I miss my Avalanche for durability and quality, but I love the gas mileage and the small size. Even as small as it is, we never have an issue getting all our stuff in it - even when taking three boys to their football games. Several of my friends have Vibes now, too, after seeing all the things I do with mine.

Favorite Features

The 110 outlet in the dash - we recharge batteries and plug in electronic devices all the time. The fold flat front seat is nice, too. My Vibe has no options, but even the base stereo is a good one.

Suggested Improvements

The Vibe is exactly what it should be.