Used 2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Best Car We've ever owned!
By Scott

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the best car we've ever owned. 220k and still great. Only repairs have been brakes, battery, serpentine belt, wiper blades and tires. Regular maintenance important, done with tranny fluid at each 50k, plugs at each 100k, same with coolant. Oil and filter every 5k. Still have original alternator, a/c unit (no recharge needed on freon), muffler system, hoses. Stock radio w/ 5 cd changer blew after 3 years-replaced with after market. Almost 10 years and this car is still going. Hope to get 230k then it's time to retire the Vibe....with tears in my eyes then I am sure.

Pontiota - vibe 1.8 auto
By paulwiget

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car with 103,000 miles on it. of course it needed 2 tires right from the dealer purshase, the dealer son, just happened to be junking his, so i got 2 tires , then the horrible noises from the test drive went away, he also gave me his taller center armrest,from his 03 model,,,,which makes all the difference on my back,,,i now have 178,000 miles,,,,tires,brakes oil change from the begining every 4000 miles,,,doesnt leak a drop,,,, around 110,000 miles,fairly quickly after i bought it, I start hearing that click click from the ac,,,, so i put a tooth pic to hold the recurlation button in,,,, and that does the trick,,,, every thing still works,,, except now at around 170,000,,, ive been told i need, one of 3 things for the air conditioning,,, the air clicks on and off, putting off repair until summer,,,just got front struts 500 bucks,,,,so overall not bad,,,,,,ac repair,,,,rear struts, and ill go to 260,000,hopefully, and then call this car quits,,,,,,,,,back at around 130,000,,,,,i needed to replace the right front axel,,,midas did it 3 times,,,,,, first 2 were from the same company,,,,3rd time they got from somewhere else and that has worked,,,,if the 3rd one didnt work ,, i would be dealing with a transmission leak, because on these cars the axel fits into the transmission somehow,,,,thank god,,, no leaks , because i had the trans serviced around,,,135000,,,and theysaid all was good ,,just alittle discolred,,pads shrtly after the car,rotors and pads at around 140,000,,welp,,,,thats alli can think of,,,,paid 6500,plus tax,,,say 7000, and i had to put a cruise control unit on this car because it didnt have it,,,,its plug and play if you know how to do it, I had to pay the cruise control man 400 bucks so total $7,400 103,000 miles,,,,,,,,,evrything else at the time was going for 7500,andup,and alot of abused looking vibes i,looked at,,,diamond in the ruff nopower windows doorlocks or keyfobs,,,,but oh well,,,, we all aint got it like that

GOES and goes 211,000 miles at 34-40 mpg
By bass player

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

No major repairs, only maintenance like fluid changes and brake checks.
Enough room for a string bass and 2 children.
Great car! We live where there are dirt roads and rough roads, no repairs needed.
It has a timing belt. I drive 500 miles per week and average 35 mpg. When I freeway drive it's 40 mpg.
I have been rear ended twice. Once by a large pick-up truck (I opted to not repair) and recently by a semi trailer truck and I am still driving my Vibe. This time repairs are needed due to my crunched lift gate. I need to transport the string bass.

Still Going Strong (10 years!)
By 123me

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I still have my 2006 Pontiac Vibe! 10 years!! And, still going strong. This vehicle is definately one to consider on the used car market. Of course how an owner maintains a vehicle will determine whether it is a good used car choice, but if is was treated well, then you'll appreciate this design. I have yet to be disappointed. I love all the hauling room I get with the filp of a seat. Recently I had to cart off 8 foot long florescent blubs to the recycling center. No problem!! How many compact vehicles can you do that with? I especially love the seats. Because you sit in a "regular" sitting position I don't feel like an 80 year old climbing out of the car! (Sorry all you spring chicken 80 year olds) My radio has lost it's digital screen, but I still get all my stations and the buttons were programmed before the screen died, so I'm not too worried about replacing it right now. Besides that, all is good and still going strong!!

Still high mileage!
By 34mpg

2006 Pontiac Vibe Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Vibe since buying it off the lot in 2006.
Over 255,000 miles and it is still averaging 33.6 mpg.
Replaced the manual clutch due to so e slippage at 247,000 miles, well beyond what most people would have thought a clutch would last.
Still love the fact that it came with a 110 v wall outlet style plug in the console! Can use the same cellphone charger in the house as in the car. I can't believe theses don't come standard on all vehicles.
No equipment problems other than the known PCM issue that was recalled/replaced.
Maybe I'm just lucky with Pontiacs.
My first car, a brand new Sunbird, is still going at 400,000 miles.
I gave it to my nephew 16 years ago, he has beaten the heck out of it but it won't die.