2005 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Satified
By 2005 Vibe on 02/05/07 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2000 Toyota Camry, which I love. I bought my wife a used 2005 Pontiac Vibe. I knew that part of the Vibe was built by Toyota, much like their Matrix. I was convinced that the Vibe was as good as the Matrix, and cheaper, so I bought it. My wife is very happy with this car, and so am I.

Great li'l wagon
By Bigdan on 01/30/07 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have had my '05 Vibe for 18 months- great mileage-30/36 (5 speed). Used as a daily work vehicle. Very reliable. Need better seat back support. Love this car.

Near perfect vehicle
By Kevin Federico on 12/19/06 16:13 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a near perfect vehicle in my opinion..Good on gas, seats 4 comfortably, carries a fair amount of cargo, can get out of its own way, looks modern and reasonably priced. I drive double the average each year and so far I have found this car to be very fun to drive. Get the 7 speaker stereo system and moon roof if you can find it...well worth the price.

Miss my Aztek!!
By Trinity on 12/01/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the vibe wanting to get better mileage than my Aztek. Better mileage is about all I've gotten. From day 2 I've had troubles, constantly in the shop and there's no pep to this car. The front seat folds down for use, but doesn't lay flat, visibility is awkward also. Not great...although many people love them.

What a nice lil car...
By ndrabble on 09/18/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

In a nutshell, the Vibe has performed as well as I expected it to. Two years, 90K miles and no mechanical issues yet; however, the original Continental tires didn't make it pass 20K and the original paint job is the worst I've ever experienced. But, the lil car is averaging about 34/35 mpg on the highway. The ride is not so bad, perhaps a lil loud and a lil slow on the initial pickup or for passing, but enough. Seats are firm and comfortable. And, I'm sure I could mention lots of other things. Overall, I am pleased with it for what I bought it for: a comfortable, affordable, practical and easy on the gas lil commuting vehicle (I commute 150 a day)...

2005 Vibe
By lauraandval on 08/26/06 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this a year ago for gas mileage. I am a mom with two small children and a husband that stands 6'4", and we go everywhere together in this. Very roomy. Husband can get in and out easily. Child seats fit. And I can fit $500 worth of groceries in cargo area. I drove a big SUV and loved it, but hated gas mileage. Now I save the SUV for vacations, and make my car payment with the money I save. I am a stay at home mom who is never at home. I put 30,000 miles on my Vibe last year, and I don't know how I would have been able to afford the gas if I was driving the SUV. We love this car.

Love my Vibe!
By Mike on 06/14/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Vibe in June of 2005. Since I bought it, I have loved driving it since day 1. I usually get bored with a car 6-12 months after owning it. Everyday I can't wait to drive it because it is just fun to drive. It's a peppy 4-cylinder with good pickup and a smooth ride. There is a little bit of road noise but that is because of the design...which I love. It has a great look and the interior is great. I travel a lot and the interior space is great, more than meets the eye.

Excellent Vehicle
By Perry on 05/20/06 21:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this on the GM Employee pricing plan. Couldn't beat the deal. It is a great car, reliable and fun to drive. Excellent gas mileage. Can't really think about anything bad to say other than it should come with a rear mat standard as groceries tend to slide around on the plastic rear floor. We bought 2 huge tote bags that have divided areas which really helped. Car has plenty of head room and is easy to get in and out of. It has tilt wheel but a telescoping steering wheel would be helpful. We are very happy with the Vibe.

Nice ride!
By Ron on 04/18/06 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 110 miles a day to work enjoy the good gas mileage! Very nice riding car!

Good Little Car
By jstant01 on 04/05/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Vibe is a good little car. I downsized in mid-2005 when gas reached $3.00 per gallon. It gets good gas mileage, is fun to drive, and is very roomy for such a small vehicle. The back seat is HUGE. My only problems have been some rattles in the dash and an ongoing "starting" issue. It doesn't like to fire up right away when the engine is warm. Other than that, no real problems. Great car!