Used 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Great Little Car!
By TW

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought 9 months ago with 100,000 mi. LOVE this little car. It runs like new and never have a problem. Good mileage 28/33. Great design, part minivan, part SUV, part sports car. Very comfortable seating for 4 six footers. ONLY problems are: clicking behind clove box, could fix but is harmless, cold idle is too high can't fix, red dashboard light is hard to see in bright daytime. Other than that its perfect! I expect it to go another 100,000 miles.

fun and practical hatchback, very peppy and great MPG

higher contrast dash lights for better visibility, lower the cold idle to improve mpg and give the tranny a break!

Even better than I thought
By Matt

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car has been dying for the last few months and finally kicked the bucket this week. I have been researching cars for hours a day during the last few weeks and had trouble committing to something. I'm the kind of person who wants everything. I wanted an SUV for the capacity. I have two dogs that I drive and need my car to move. I'm on the road a lot. I also needed something that would be good on gas. I wanted a new car but those were too much for me right now. So I bought this used car with only 8,000 miles on it. Practically new. I love this car more than I would have thought. It looks great, drives great.

moonroof, daytime running lights, huge center storage compartment, cd changer, back seat/trunk, gas mileage, looks, peppy, price, position of shifter, seats raise, nice upholstery, nice big wide tires. a real good bang for the buck and my last car was an audi. would absolutely recommend this car

visibility in reverse, armrest kind of small, wish i had power locks but didnt buy the car new so couldn't pick and choose, wish it had cruise too (again my problem not a problem with the car)

Still Going!
By Roadrunner

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Though this car is only an '05, it has many hard miles on it. It just hit 145k. Never had it to the dealership, never a problem! Just normal things you have to maintain. Still has original battery. Had brakes replaced last summer. Hit a deer and help up VERY well, hardly could notice any damage. I love this car. It's unreal what you can pack into this thing! Nice storage areas inside, lots of space and very roomy & comfy! The fold down flat seats make it nice for putting just about anything in it. I think it's a very sharp looking car. Had it over a year before I actually realized it was a station wagon. Mine is a 5spd and gets great gas mileage. 145k & still going strong!

Love the roomie-ness & flat folding seats. Gas mileage is unbeatable

Not Just For Young Drivers
By vibeowner

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I are in our mid 40's which is probably older than the target age for this car. But we love our Vibe for the most part. We looked at the Matrix but went with the Vibe because it looks better, has better stereo (even with the standard system) and roof rails. The 2005 didn't include cross bars so we paid extra for them so we could put stuff on top. There was a problem with intermitent hard/extended starting and GM issued a service bulletin. We took it to three different dealerships to get it fixed but they wouldn't do anything about it until we got lucky and the hard start happened with the service rep. GM is really bad about warranty service. Next time we'll go with Toyota.

Higher seating than a sedan. Fun to drive. Small exterior but surprisingly roomy interior.

The 1.8L engine bogs down on hills when the car is loaded. Does not have much pickup from a dead stop (although we rented one before purchase which was much more peppy) Gas millage is not even close to the rated numbers (we get 25MPG avg). I wouldn't complain about power if it got better MPG.

I Think I'm in Love
By jessica

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is awesome!! It is so fun and cute! At first I wasn't too crazy about the looks of it. But, we test drove and looked at everything. This was just more practical! I love furniture and this car is just as roomy as a little truck when it comes to hauling stuff home. I am 5'3 and it fits me to a tee, my hubby is 6'1 and he Loves it! Gas mileage is great now that is is $4 a gallon. It is fun to drive and roomy, the back seat can comfortably seat 2 adults. I love this car, I call it my little go-cart, the motor is a little loud and the steering wheel gives it the sporty feel, it is so fun!

Of course, the cargo area, lay the seats down and have a truck bed! Little storage compartments are cute! I like how the light lever works! It is so sporty and versatile! I plan to drive this thing until the wheels literally fall off!

The arm rest is simply to low and all of the plastic in the cargo area shakes some and makes noise, and there is some road noise, but that is to be expected. But, these little flaws aren't even noticeable with the perfection of the rest of the car! I recommend this car for everybody!