Used 2005 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Wonderful car
By shamgar

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new based on research into cars that got good mileage. We are extremely happy with it. Current mileage is about 65000 and the car has been dead reliable. It has a five-speed and since teaching my daughter to drive stick I now have to fight her for the car when I need it. Great fun to drive, loads of room for cargo. The only negatives are esthetics. It's not terribly comfortable on long drives and the low profile tires are extremely noisy especially on freeway expansion joints. Now that Pontiac is gone, I would buy a Toyota Matrix without hesitation.

Favorite Features

Sportiness Reliability Cargo capacity Styling

So- So vibe
By bridgettg

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have mixed feelings about my Vibe because there are a lot of good that go with owning a vibe...gas mileage, lots of storage, comfortable. But the things I don't like about my Vibe are....air cond./ heater are very weak, doesn't have a lot of power, Rear vision is poor. I would definitely take these things into consideration.

Great Car!!!!!
By jpd12

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I use this website alot when purchasing used cars, so I thought I should contriburte. We purchased our 05 Vibe in July of 09 with 100,000 miles and have absolutely loved it! Unfortunately we got in an accident and the car was totaled. Definitely looking for another. The transmission was auto.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Chrome instrumental would reflect the sun.

PCM
By jk

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had the Power control Module replaced in May 2010 and when I questioned the recall that just came out, I was advised that I should not have paid for the PCM since it was under a warranty put in place by the government and I received a full refund. Check into it if you have also had the PCM replaced and your Vibe is not over 8 years old

It Doesn't Get Better with Age
By Ed

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new and put about 8500 miles a year on it. It isn't a bad car with lots a major mechanical problems but it just isn't a great car. The radio face shows up in red and can't be seen very well during the daylight hours. Also had LED light go out on radio. GM wanted $350 to replace so went to Best Buys and got by cheaper. I also use a pillow on the console armrest as it is too low for arm to fit comfortably without leaning to the right.

Favorite Features

I really like the roominess in the back. Just my wife and I drive this car, so the back seat is folded down 80% of the time. It is great for hauling my bicycle from place to place.

Suggested Improvements

Radio lighting > Low armrest > Hard to get to heating/AC controls when gear shift is in Park