Used 2005 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

160,000 and Counting!
By herbitsky

2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Vibe as a mgr special. It had 3k miles on it. The car is great (I did research on Edmunds.com before finalizing my decision) and so versatile! One time we had to drive over 1200 late at night to go "rescue" my mom and dad, and since I had just worked all day- my husband put a blow up mattress in the back and I slept the whole way! The only problems I have had with it is the interior lighting system inside is not totally working correctly. The drivers seat is not the most comfortable for going long distances (I've gone some long distances in this car!), but overall...it's been a great car for me!

Favorite Features

I got the deluxe edition (moonroof, super sound system, etc.)...love it!

Suggested Improvements

Wish the seats were more comfortable and I would've loved to have an armrest I could really use...especially on long trips! More cup holders!

Most reliable vehicle in the world!
By hughsbase

2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am extremely happy to announce that my vibe just hit the 300,000 miles mark and still running. I have driving this car around the country all the way to New Mexico and back with barely little maintenance. If you can find this vehicle get it! I promise you will not regret getting this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Lots of space. Zippy performance. Tight handling. Great gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Love my vibe!!
By marcieb

2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

130,000 miles and still going strong!!!! I bought this car with 32,000 miles on it and have never had any big issues except A/C quit getting cold to which I took it in and no one could find a leak but after having a/c charged 3x and a/c only lasting a couple days there must be a leak somewhere but Ive chosen to live without it at this point. I've used this car for sooooo many things, hauling just about anything I could fit in it (cake deliveries, landscaping materials, home improvement materials, furniture ect...). Hoping to see 200,000 miles or more on this baby, still looks in great shape!! Oh i usually get 33mph highway :)

Wonderful car
By shamgar

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new based on research into cars that got good mileage. We are extremely happy with it. Current mileage is about 65000 and the car has been dead reliable. It has a five-speed and since teaching my daughter to drive stick I now have to fight her for the car when I need it. Great fun to drive, loads of room for cargo. The only negatives are esthetics. It's not terribly comfortable on long drives and the low profile tires are extremely noisy especially on freeway expansion joints. Now that Pontiac is gone, I would buy a Toyota Matrix without hesitation.

Favorite Features

Sportiness Reliability Cargo capacity Styling

Always there
By bmore2rutgers

2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm sad to say, that my Vibe AWD was totaled a few weeks ago when someone ran into me. The 2005 Vibe AWD was in my family since coming off the production line. We kept up with regular maintenance, and can only remember it being in the shop once for a rear output bearing leaking. The vehicle was great, and very very dependable(toyota powertrain). It lacked some pep when getting on the highway, but other than that handled great. I remember taking it through two foot of snow, and well... it made it without getting stuck. I'll miss the car. I most likely won't look to buy another one, because I felt the interior was put together a little cheaply.

Favorite Features

Reliability, and handling.

Suggested Improvements

The Interior felt a little cheap.