2005 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Wonderful car
By shamgar on 01/16/12 08:37 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new based on research into cars that got good mileage. We are extremely happy with it. Current mileage is about 65000 and the car has been dead reliable. It has a five-speed and since teaching my daughter to drive stick I now have to fight her for the car when I need it. Great fun to drive, loads of room for cargo. The only negatives are esthetics. It's not terribly comfortable on long drives and the low profile tires are extremely noisy especially on freeway expansion joints. Now that Pontiac is gone, I would buy a Toyota Matrix without hesitation.

Always there
By bmore2rutgers on 11/06/11 10:38 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm sad to say, that my Vibe AWD was totaled a few weeks ago when someone ran into me. The 2005 Vibe AWD was in my family since coming off the production line. We kept up with regular maintenance, and can only remember it being in the shop once for a rear output bearing leaking. The vehicle was great, and very very dependable(toyota powertrain). It lacked some pep when getting on the highway, but other than that handled great. I remember taking it through two foot of snow, and well... it made it without getting stuck. I'll miss the car. I most likely won't look to buy another one, because I felt the interior was put together a little cheaply.

So- So vibe
By bridgettg on 04/22/11 17:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have mixed feelings about my Vibe because there are a lot of good that go with owning a vibe...gas mileage, lots of storage, comfortable. But the things I don't like about my Vibe are....air cond./ heater are very weak, doesn't have a lot of power, Rear vision is poor. I would definitely take these things into consideration.

Great Car!!!!!
By jpd12 on 02/05/11 16:47 PM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I use this website alot when purchasing used cars, so I thought I should contriburte. We purchased our 05 Vibe in July of 09 with 100,000 miles and have absolutely loved it! Unfortunately we got in an accident and the car was totaled. Definitely looking for another. The transmission was auto.

PCM
By jk on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had the Power control Module replaced in May 2010 and when I questioned the recall that just came out, I was advised that I should not have paid for the PCM since it was under a warranty put in place by the government and I received a full refund. Check into it if you have also had the PCM replaced and your Vibe is not over 8 years old

It Doesn't Get Better with Age
By Ed on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new and put about 8500 miles a year on it. It isn't a bad car with lots a major mechanical problems but it just isn't a great car. The radio face shows up in red and can't be seen very well during the daylight hours. Also had LED light go out on radio. GM wanted $350 to replace so went to Best Buys and got by cheaper. I also use a pillow on the console armrest as it is too low for arm to fit comfortably without leaning to the right.

Love the VIBE!
By spayurdog on 08/13/10 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, great for hauling! Bought used, have had no problems with it. Will look for another, but very sad they are no longer making. :(

Solid, Reliable, Affordable
By Morris N on 07/19/10 06:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our Vibe for 5 years, and my wife drives it primarily around to & from work. The AWD is marvelous in the winter on packed snow & ice; much better than simply a front wheel drive vehicle. Mechanically, it's solid. Interior is adequate for 4 adults, or 2 adults & 3 kids. I'm 6'2" and I have plenty of headroom and leg room. The 4 cylinder engine has to work going up hills when in cruise, but the transmission shifts down and maintains speed. Still, I can't complain when we still get 25-28 mpg on the road with an AWD. It's a great package for the price, especially if you do winter driving.

Love both of them
By Tony O on 05/05/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wife bought first one in 05 new. Liked it enough bought a second one, used, in 09. The used one cost as much as the new one. Hers now has 50K, mine is 73K. Only repairs to either was a warranty replacement of power brake booster at 2K, and a set of tires at 30K, debris from road construction. Have topped 36.5 mpg on I-77, and normally get 29-30 mpg in town. Only complaints are the location of the radio antenna and that it is hard to read the instruments during the day. I use the cruise a lot, because it likes to run fast. Had it up to 94 once to keep up with traffic, and still had plenty of pedal left. I think it could easily top 110. Very stable at all speeds.

Reliable!! 140k+
By frankshwartz on 04/12/10 03:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a lot! School, work, play. This car has been nothing but god to me. lots of room inside. (a 6 ft man can sleep nicely in back) I chose not to trade it in but keep it as a second road trip car. I think I can honestly get 300k out of this thing!