Used 2005 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2005 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Interior dis-comfort will aggrevate for many miles
By Willy

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drive train dead reliable--handling better than good--brakes excellent--runs best at 80--mpg good--had only one costly repair in the 10 yrs we owned it
Seats awful--dash rattles & squeaks--ride can be brutally choppy at times--cruise control causes trans to shift out of OD on slight grades (actually shifted down while driving into a headwind generated by a Florida storm; don't buy one of you live in the mountains!)--carpets fit poorly & wear out quickly--tire drone drowns out radio (whose display died fairly early)
Totaled out in 2016 because on coming left turner failed to yield & turned directly in front of me (gotta watch them snowbirds)

Two Bales of alfalfa
By Mark Joseph Gallagher Jr.

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Vibe has a lot of storage space. I like the fact that it can fit five people, and the fact that I can put down the back seats and fit two bales of alfafa in the back. The hard plastic in the back makes it easy to sweep. The only thing I do not like is the five speed manual transmission has some weakness at aroung 200.,000, but maybe my expectations are two high. I get more than 40 mpg if I drive 55 mph, and 33 combined if I drive faster.

The Vibe
By Me45

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Vibe with 24000 miles about nine years ago. I now have about 129000 miles and its still going strong. It still averages around 24-27 in city and 30-33 miles mpg on the highway.

600perweek
By 600mileperweek

2005 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Only have had reg maintence and two two calls(1 was PCM). Not single other problem and now have 240 K on it. Starting to show suspension weakness after putting 500lbs of brick in the back. Should have no problem getting 300K,knock on wood

Vibbin'
By Briana Sutherland

2005 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just got my new 2005 Pontiac Vibe today and I have fallen in love! The size is perfect for a first car and I have done much research on this car and it seems to be fairly cheap on gas and to maintain! Plus for me since I am only 19! I absolutely love the look of this car! The only this I would change about the interior is get a new radio whit an aux cord, since I like to listen to music through my phone. But other then that, the inside of the car is in mint condition, even being 10 years old! There is a lot of run and it runs great! Buying my Pontiac at 182,000 it's defiantly still running great! The only complaint I have is that once I hit 60 mph on the highway, the steering wheel was shaking. Could this just be a tire issue? Does anyone have or had this problem? Getting this checked out today and will update post once problem is fixed!