2004 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Review: Reformed VW Owner

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Review

Reformed VW Owner
By TTopper on

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After years of owning and loving VW products, I decided to switch brands and try the Vibe. With 3000 dollars in rebates, it made alot of sense. I like the car well enough, but I am disappointed in a few things. The plastic used in the cargo area is cheap, and marks up easily when loading. The car has rattles in the dashboard already, and it's only a few months old. The engine is buzzy, but powerful. I also have noticed that it's hard to find the sweet spot on the clutch. When the new Golf/Jetta come out in 2005, I may be switching back to VW's. The Vibe hasn't everything I've come to expect from a car/daily transportation.

I love the exterior design, small, tidy and well proportioned. The cargo area is well designed too, with plenty of cargo cubby compartments. Love the fold down front seat for loading LONG items. Powerful, if noisy engine/exhaust.

Improve the clutch with a beefed up version, I've been driving a manual for 23 years, and I still stall the car nearly every day. I also can smell burnt clutch almost every day, and I'm not driving it any differently that my other cars. Build Quality, just feels a little cheap.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review