2004 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Review: Most practical car I've owned

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Review

Most practical car I've owned
By PolarBear on

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car because of its reliability and versatility. I frequently lay the seats down to haul loads. My lifetime mpg over 50,000 miles is 34.1 combined. I've owned a number of Hondas, and they have all used less fuel and had more power. Whoever designed the cruise control was on drugs. Drop below 25 mph and it loses it's memory and has to be reset. I don't like the daytime running lights. The oem Continental tires only lasted 15k miles without hard driving. The Michelin Hydroedge replacements really make the car handle better. If GM built all their cars with this kind of quality and practicality, they wouldn't be in financial trouble. Like an suv without the disadvantages.

Comfort, visibility, ability to carry cargo, handling. Fun to drive. Rock solid reliability-hasn't been back to the shop for anything.

Reprogram the cruise control. More power and/or better fuel economy. Ditch the drl's. Better tires from the factory.