Used 2004 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews - 352 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2004 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Miss my Vibe :(
By AMF

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 5 speed Vibe with 50K on it, only reason I got it was because it was a stick and got good MPG. After driving it 2.5 years I fell in love with it. Got rid of it at 112K because my fiance is 6'3" and there just isn't enough room for more than us in the car. Driving mostly alone I loved how I could reach EVERYTHING in the car with no problem. Auto headlights were great but wish there was a way to turn them off certain times w/o parking break on. The previous owner had cut a cheap outdoor mat to fit in the rear which was a great idea, helped keep stuff in place. All the little compartments were great. Never broke down or needed repairs. If you're under 5'10" you should love this car!

I thought the exterior of the car was ugly when I bought it and grew to love it. Loved the sun roof, interior design, headroom, outlet, parking ANYWHERE I wanted. 1st winter stunk in the snow, got some snow tires 2nd winter and could drive anywhere. In general I loved the car and driving it.

B4 I got mine I saw some ppl didn't like the cruise would need reset if they went under 25, it wasn't an issue. A little more power; going through the Mt's on the way to VA, uphill/passing was slow. I did find that I hate with the window lock on the driver couldn't use other windows either!

5spd
By 3ni

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All factory with aftermarket 19 inch bbs rims, rides nice kinda slow as compared to a 1.8 vtech honda, I have 310000 KM and it still runs smooth with no major problems eccept for that dam window!!!

Factory optioned skirt package, people don't even know what kind of car it is

thats dam window!!

like new at 103K miles, original brakes
By RollaRiss

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Our 5 speed manual Vibe has been absolutely trouble free, looks and drives like new. At 103,000 miles it still has the original brakes! Only replaced tires and wiper blades. The oil level tops the dipstick between changes at 3-5K, never added any. The original Continental Contac tires wore evenly to the wear bars at 30K but replacements wear fine. We use the 110 volt dash outlet all the time on trips to charge cell phones. Gas mileage good for such utility. Great highway car. Can be hard to hold back to 70 mph, seems to want to go 75-80. A great only car: economical and versatile. We still get compliments on its styling. The ride is taut, can be harsh on rough roads unloaded.

Practicality, economy, significant interior size for it fuel efficiency, 110 volt outlet on dash, fun to drive. The gray body cladding looks good and is protective. Safety. My brother and girlfriend were in a 60 mph collision in her 2008 Vibe and had no injuries. It was totaled. She got another.

Seats need more lumbar support. Needs improved visibility when backing up by making rear side and hatch glass bigger like the Matrix twin. The 2009 redesign made rear visibility worse, but added traction contol, stability control and standard side airbags.

OK Car
By wingman

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Roomy for a smaller car. Has some nice amenities - lots of nice storage areas, regular electrical outlet, fold-flat front passenger seat. Has needed more repairs than I'd like. Has had on-going issues with the computer system and sensors going bad. Had to replace the wheel bearings early on. AC is now going bad. Transmission leaves much to be desired - does not perform well at highway speeds. This car works for 2 kids, but 3 car seats will not fit in the back.

The utility of the hatchback plus fold-flat rear seats. Lots of little storage compartments. Regular 2-prong electrical outlet (saves on buying special car phone charger).

Transmission. Red display on the clock/radio is unreadable in bright light. Driver side sun visor hits and moves the rear view mirror when you put it down.

I love/hate my car
By My Vibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my vibe, love everything about it but recently my car was making noises and when I took it in for its regular maintenance I was informed that the whole motor needed to be replaced, I maintenance this car every 3 months. The valves, timing belt tensioner, and the rod and barrings all needed to be replaced (so the whole motor). Everyone wants $4500.00 up to $6000.00 to replace this Toyota motor. I am highly upset with Pontiac about my car. Because I love everything about my car and now I have these problems, the car has now 92k miles and I till owe $6k on the car. So I am out of a car and have to pay back $6k to the bank! I have 2 kids that I travel wi

i love everything about my car except the motor problems.

Make these cars more dependable. And make sure you tell people that the valves in the pontiacs are so post to be maintanced all the time!! no one ever told me till after all 4 need to be replaced @ $1200.00