2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Good car
By Bruce B. on 08/03/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Pontiac Vibe /Toyota is a very reliable and economical vehicle. It's a great substitute for a small SUV. Amazingly I average 38 mpg on mostly rural driving and 40.3 mpg on a few 200 mile trips. I was only expecting 33-36 mpg. A great commuter car.

Best Pontiac Yet
By gmgirl on 07/07/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought this Vibe new and just hitting 100K.I have no real complaints. Great fuel mileage, GREAT cargo space, sharp interior, its got the Toyota guts with the Pontiac price tag!!!I am an avid Pontiac buyer, and this is by far the best Pontiac I've had. I love it. I use mine like its a truck sometimes, hauling everything from dishwashers, landscaping rocks, to building lumber. Can't beat it for its use and fuel mileage. Terrific vehicle! I guess one complaint would be that I have to get my tires rotated about every 3K miles because the weight distribution of the car is off and causes "cupping" of the rear tires. I get free rotation, so I don't care too much. I would definitely buy another!

My Vibe ROCK!!!
By Jennifer on 04/28/08 08:37 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally bought a 2003 Vibe the year they came out, and traded it for and 04 GT. This is the best car I have ever had. I have 125,000 miles on mine and have only put 1 set of brakes, 1 set of tires and a battery in my Vibe. This car ROCKS. I will drive it until the wheels fall off and get another one.

Not so happy
By Jennifer on 04/11/08 23:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our vibe new in 2003. I was happy to have the style of a Pontiac and the reliability of the Toyota engine. Was I wrong! I have replaced my engine already at 70K. After research I have come to find out this is a common problem in Toyota engines. I would have expected something more reliable than what was purchased. I do love this car, or I wouldn't have spent the money to replace the engine. But it has left a bad taste in my mouth about the Vibe. I will not be purchasing another one for a 2nd car as planned. It's hard to praise a vehicle whose engine barely lasts past 70K. Boo Toyota. Would rather see a GM motor in this car.

Love it
By leslie on 02/22/08 18:56 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new and have absolutely loved it - no problems except needing a relay switch replaced shortly after purchasing (fell under warranty and towing). Great space-amazingly roomy, good exterior design. Seats fold down for extra storage and plastic backs for easy cleaning. Higher ground clearance is also very nice. Great get up and go and excellent fuel mileage

The Vibe is a Real Sleeper
By Ron Beeber on 11/01/07 14:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm just beginning my fifth year driving this Vibe. Very satisfied overall. Very comfortable (doesn't feel like I'm crouching in a "catcher's position). Still 30 mpg. A bit noisy in cold weather start up until the engine warms. Surprising amount of pep cruising at highway speeds, but sluggish when merging onto a a freeway (that's the trade off one gets for the consistent 30 mpg fuel economy). Interior storage capacity is very adequate, and the seating/cargo configurations are very versatile. I change the oil/filter every 5K-7K miles and rotate the tires. I got 50K miles on the original set of Potenza tires, and bought the same tire as a replacement. A wise choice.

Excellent Car for Driving to Work
By GAR on 11/01/07 06:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is excellent for driving to work. It uses very little gas, and has a flexible interior for hauling. I can haul 8 ft. 2x4 lumber with the hatch shut! I also haul bags of mulch, TVs, etc. It's just a great little "truck" with car like mileage.

Great Vibe
By Macadew on 10/16/07 13:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle for the price. Gas mileage is excellent, car rides well and very comfortable in front seat. Surprising amount of room for rear seat passengers as well. Quality has been super outside and inside. Only negative is noise generated by engine. Besides that everything is great.

I love my GT
By southerndelight on 10/08/07 16:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love the handling, comfort, and looks of my GT! I have the only one in my city and surrounding area everybody wants my car! I do not plan on trading this one I do believe I will drive it till the wheels fall off!

Thank You Vibe!
By Accident Survivor on 10/05/07 05:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 4 year daughter and myself were involved in a head on collision with our Vibe. A woman ran a stop light and hit us head on going about 45-50 mph. All I can say is, this car certainly made an impression for me to buy a new one without hesitation. The front end was totally demolished and totalled, yet both of us were able to walk away with only bruises. The structure of the impact and how well it protected us was simply amazing. For being a small SUV, it's stylish, great on gas, avg. 30-35 mpg everyday driving, and the room inside is amazing. After owning it over a year, I still can say I love the Vibe! No major problems for functionality!