Used 2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2004 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Versatility
By nancyceo

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car with many options and uses. This is a fun sporty car that is also practical and fuel effecient. I love looks of the dash board and the 6- speeds makes it fun to drive. I also got the sunroof and 6 disc changer, which make the car even more enjoyable. I recently drove from Miami to Phoenix and even with the car loaded with stuff, it got great mileage. It was also comfortable even on that very long drive.

Favorite Features

All the little nooks and crannies to put stuff! Easy to clean. Love the roof rack!

Suggested Improvements

Remove the beeping of the reverse gear... it gets annoying.

Reformed VW Owner
By TTopper

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After years of owning and loving VW products, I decided to switch brands and try the Vibe. With 3000 dollars in rebates, it made alot of sense. I like the car well enough, but I am disappointed in a few things. The plastic used in the cargo area is cheap, and marks up easily when loading. The car has rattles in the dashboard already, and it's only a few months old. The engine is buzzy, but powerful. I also have noticed that it's hard to find the sweet spot on the clutch. When the new Golf/Jetta come out in 2005, I may be switching back to VW's. The Vibe hasn't everything I've come to expect from a car/daily transportation.

Favorite Features

I love the exterior design, small, tidy and well proportioned. The cargo area is well designed too, with plenty of cargo cubby compartments. Love the fold down front seat for loading LONG items. Powerful, if noisy engine/exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the clutch with a beefed up version, I've been driving a manual for 23 years, and I still stall the car nearly every day. I also can smell burnt clutch almost every day, and I'm not driving it any differently that my other cars. Build Quality, just feels a little cheap.

Utilitarian yet sporty
By Phillip Fox

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the Vibe specifically for its versatility, but I also wanted to have a little fun driving it, so I went with the GT build. I've yet to come across a home improvement project or purchase that I haven't been able to haul home in the Vibe. I've tiled my kitchen (6X4 sheets of backer board fit perfectly), relandscaped the yard, hauled home a dinette set (the rack on the top came in handy there) and a headboard. Then there's the sporty side - the car handles like a dream. It sits high enough to see over the other compact cars, yet there's almost no sway. The steering is extremely tight and the acceleration is just awesome.

Suggested Improvements

1. Include a Leather option for the seats 2. Due to the high rpm of the engine, there are a couple pieces of the dash that rattle annoyingly -

great styling and fun
By paulam

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my vibe in 3/04 and was very pleased with it. The gas millage is good and the styling is great. Very fun to drive and handeling is great. I just do not like the spongey feel of the seat material. It feels like a mini suv.

Favorite Features

I have the sun roof which I open often. I like that the passenger seats fold flat.

Suggested Improvements

The cargo area has plastic coating which made everything slide in the cargo area. I purchased a liner which helped this.

2004 VIBE GT
By ray

2004 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

LOVE TO DRIVE GOOD POWER GOOD HANDLING, AND GOOD LOOKS.Interior fits good for large or small people. good leg room front and back seats.Only draw back I can see is it's a little short wheel based for long ranged driving, say more than 100 miles.But I think it was engineered for everyday commuting.

Favorite Features

good leg room front and back seats, comfortable seats. good power on the GT model.Wife thinks it is cute

Suggested Improvements

GT has good power but I want even more. And would like for to be more comfortable for long range driving