2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Drives and survives (Not AWD, base automatic trans)
By joshhasavibe on 05/30/13 09:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As a delivery driver for a certain "freaky fast" sandwich shop, this car is perfect. Tons of room in the back with the seats down, oodles of gas mileage, it's an all around great car for my job. Now, I'm 20, so naturally I'm gonna drive this car pretty hard. The car does kind of slug through first gear, but after that it takes off like a rocket. I often forget it's just a little 1.8L. I've had no major repairs at 104k, bought at 90k. Only really "major" things I've HAD to do are transmission fluid/filter. Other than that, this car's a little champ. Has a nice engine noise for being a 4cyl, nice torque, good suspension and cornering. Definitely a head turner when folks see it's just a Vibe.

Glad I have one.
By greencleanutah on 04/29/12 20:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My vibe has 155,000 miles. Thanks to TOYOTA for making a great motor the only maintainance i've done is change plugs-which were extremely easy and affordable cause there is no plug wires to replace. tires and the front brake pads were extremely easy to replace. I also like that the back seats have hard plastic on the back of them so when they fold down its like having a small truck. I use this vehicle for my organic carpet cleaning business. Good gas mileage. So far havent found any other vechicle that is as old as this one that looks and operates as good as this one.

Audi to Vibe
By notloyal on 07/01/11 05:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded an Audi Quattro for this 2004 Vibe, best trade I've ever made. The Audi was a well built vehicle, but not reliable and expensive to repair, and there were lots of repairs. The Vibe is reliable, excellent gas mileage, easy to drive and half the cost of the Audi. Will be getting another Vibe soon.

From NEW to 106,000 miles..7yrs of FUN
By fladad on 05/15/11 16:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 106k miles on the Vibe and I have only replaced the tires and that was at 65,000 with the original Goodyear Eagle tires. Still have original brakes. The VIBE will cost less than its twin the Matrix and have the same reliability. I think it was 2009 that they changed the engine with increased hp but less mpg.. I would rather have the better gas mileage and the design of the 2003-2008 body too.. Both the MAtrix and the Vibe are built on the Corolla platform, but I think the Vibe is more versitile..

Luv it unless I'm going up the hill
By khokoomj on 03/06/11 21:51 PM (PST)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought my car brand new Sept. 03, went to the dealershop and specifically told the salesman what kind of vehicle I wanted. I got a sporty looking orange vibe, I luv it unless I am going up the hill and it starts to power out and I have to shift down, great on prairie roads. Recently, there is a ticking sound and had it inspected & changed different things I have been told might be wrong with it, but the ticking is still there. A GM dealershop told me it might be the tranny but I have no problem shifting or anything like that or might be a rock inside the tranny, have had no other problems with it except its gutless. I have been told it might be the purge valve so I will change it

Unbreakable
By JK on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 4 years ago with 20,000 miles on it and it is up to about 110,000. So far the only failures were a belt tensioner ($100 fix) and two of the digital display lights in the radio went out. The car runs like the day I bought it. Mechanically, it seems indestructible. The body and paint are both solid too. I tend to neglect the body and on the rare occasion I wash and polish it, it always looks like it great. Not only is it well built, but it is very comfortable. With some years on the Vibe name now, more and more reviews are from people with 200k+ miles and I hope to be one of them. When the day comes to replace this, I only hope its twin, the Toyota Matrix, is still around.

It just keeps on going and going
By doglover on 07/24/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 brand new. I have replaced the brakes twice; that's it. I now have 151,000 and still drive it. I did have problems with the drivers window before the recall. It drives super in the snow; I live in western PA and have never been disappointed with it's performance. I wore out the radio controls. I have the "moon and tune" pkg and it rocks; the best sound system that I've come across. Very reliable and easy to drive.

Amazing even after 165,000 miles!
By rr on 06/30/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of research when I bought this car in 2004 new and could not have believed at that time that this would have been as amazing as it has been. My daily driver for a long commute for the past 6 yrs and I still love it! We have only replaced tires, oxygen sensor, AND it still has original brakes. The most amazing car - can't say enough good about it. Love how it drives, love the looks, versatility, everything. It has become a good old friend and I shall keep it until it dies (which may be 450,000 miles+) but I seriously can't imagine a better car and I have a luxury SUV but still love this car!

Pontiac Vibe
By courtney92381 on 04/07/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love mine. I bought it in June 2009 and could not be more happy. Will be buying another when it's time to trade this one in for a new model. Love it's capacity and room. It has all the luxury of a big SUV but in a smaller package.

A *great* car
By themrfreeze on 04/02/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my '04 Vibe. Rock solid reliable, versatile and roomy interior, enjoyable to drive on long trips. I could haul loads of 8-foot lumber or big bulky items in the back. Car was easy to work on as well, though all I ever needed to do it was rotate tires and change the oil. Got wrecked in '09, and I still miss it.