Used 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Luv it unless I'm going up the hill
By khokoomj

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

bought my car brand new Sept. 03, went to the dealershop and specifically told the salesman what kind of vehicle I wanted. I got a sporty looking orange vibe, I luv it unless I am going up the hill and it starts to power out and I have to shift down, great on prairie roads. Recently, there is a ticking sound and had it inspected & changed different things I have been told might be wrong with it, but the ticking is still there. A GM dealershop told me it might be the tranny but I have no problem shifting or anything like that or might be a rock inside the tranny, have had no other problems with it except its gutless. I have been told it might be the purge valve so I will change it

The utility of the hatchback plus fold-flat rear seats. Lots of little storage compartments. Regular 2-prong electrical outlet (saves on buying special car phone charger). Great when you grocery shop and have an hour of transportation especially in the winter, your groceries don't freeze great SUV

The slide for the back did not hold, the optra has a nice slide divider

Unbreakable
By JK

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 4 years ago with 20,000 miles on it and it is up to about 110,000. So far the only failures were a belt tensioner ($100 fix) and two of the digital display lights in the radio went out. The car runs like the day I bought it. Mechanically, it seems indestructible. The body and paint are both solid too. I tend to neglect the body and on the rare occasion I wash and polish it, it always looks like it great. Not only is it well built, but it is very comfortable. With some years on the Vibe name now, more and more reviews are from people with 200k+ miles and I hope to be one of them. When the day comes to replace this, I only hope its twin, the Toyota Matrix, is still around.

Reliability Gas Mileage Comfort Interior Styling

Windows easily fog up. This is an annoyance in cold climates.

Amazing even after 165,000 miles!
By rr

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Did a lot of research when I bought this car in 2004 new and could not have believed at that time that this would have been as amazing as it has been. My daily driver for a long commute for the past 6 yrs and I still love it! We have only replaced tires, oxygen sensor, AND it still has original brakes. The most amazing car - can't say enough good about it. Love how it drives, love the looks, versatility, everything. It has become a good old friend and I shall keep it until it dies (which may be 450,000 miles+) but I seriously can't imagine a better car and I have a luxury SUV but still love this car!

110 volt outlet versatility of fold down seats comfort and kid friendly circle vents easy to turn and adjust sunroof and excellent radio beautiful, simple, reliable, fuel efficient - seriously best car ever all around!

nothing - an amazing car and its a darn shame they do not make them anymore!

Pontiac Vibe
By courtney92381

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love mine. I bought it in June 2009 and could not be more happy. Will be buying another when it's time to trade this one in for a new model. Love it's capacity and room. It has all the luxury of a big SUV but in a smaller package.

sunroof, stereo, child safety locks, ac adapter. Great MPG!

A *great* car
By themrfreeze

2004 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my '04 Vibe. Rock solid reliable, versatile and roomy interior, enjoyable to drive on long trips. I could haul loads of 8-foot lumber or big bulky items in the back. Car was easy to work on as well, though all I ever needed to do it was rotate tires and change the oil. Got wrecked in '09, and I still miss it.

Everything. The car didn't disappoint me in *any* respect.