Used 2004 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2004 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

200,000 still going strong!!!
By tigerfury007

2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mother in 2004 needed a new car her old car was worn out and she is rough on cars. She test drove couple cars and fell in love with the pontiac vibe. She bought it brand new with 9 miles on it and in 2014 exactly 10 years later I write this review this car now has 211,000 miles still drives literally like its brand new aged very well awesome gas mileage and cheap to maintain!!! I recommend this car for anyone Toyota and GM made a good product toyota powertrain and motor and gm body. Since pontiac is dead now the vibe is still being made under the Toyota Matrix nameplate.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas milage, interior looks very nice everything still works after 10 years. Car has plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing keep up the good work Toyota and GM

Drives and survives (Not AWD, base automatic trans)
By joshhasavibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

As a delivery driver for a certain "freaky fast" sandwich shop, this car is perfect. Tons of room in the back with the seats down, oodles of gas mileage, it's an all around great car for my job. Now, I'm 20, so naturally I'm gonna drive this car pretty hard. The car does kind of slug through first gear, but after that it takes off like a rocket. I often forget it's just a little 1.8L. I've had no major repairs at 104k, bought at 90k. Only really "major" things I've HAD to do are transmission fluid/filter. Other than that, this car's a little champ. Has a nice engine noise for being a 4cyl, nice torque, good suspension and cornering. Definitely a head turner when folks see it's just a Vibe.

Favorite Features

All of it! Toyota's "Never Dying" engine especially.

Suggested Improvements

Only serious complaint would be the transmission shifts a little rough sometimes, but only when I'm really pushing it.

Glad I have one.
By greencleanutah

2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My vibe has 155,000 miles. Thanks to TOYOTA for making a great motor the only maintainance i've done is change plugs-which were extremely easy and affordable cause there is no plug wires to replace. tires and the front brake pads were extremely easy to replace. I also like that the back seats have hard plastic on the back of them so when they fold down its like having a small truck. I use this vehicle for my organic carpet cleaning business. Good gas mileage. So far havent found any other vechicle that is as old as this one that looks and operates as good as this one.

Suggested Improvements

Dont like how the back looks and it would be nice if there was a manual override for the headlights.

Audi to Vibe
By notloyal

2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded an Audi Quattro for this 2004 Vibe, best trade I've ever made. The Audi was a well built vehicle, but not reliable and expensive to repair, and there were lots of repairs. The Vibe is reliable, excellent gas mileage, easy to drive and half the cost of the Audi. Will be getting another Vibe soon.

Favorite Features

Mileage Reliability Repair/maintenance costs

Suggested Improvements

Interior Materials/design quality Sound insulation/dampening Sunroof operation

From NEW to 106,000 miles..7yrs of FUN
By fladad

2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 106k miles on the Vibe and I have only replaced the tires and that was at 65,000 with the original Goodyear Eagle tires. Still have original brakes. The VIBE will cost less than its twin the Matrix and have the same reliability. I think it was 2009 that they changed the engine with increased hp but less mpg.. I would rather have the better gas mileage and the design of the 2003-2008 body too.. Both the MAtrix and the Vibe are built on the Corolla platform, but I think the Vibe is more versitile..

Favorite Features

The versitility of fold down seats, even the front; and the 110 ac outlet..

Suggested Improvements

The rear windshield washer is worthless, if installed.