Worst car I've ever bought
By pra22 on
2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car used 3 months ago (with 118,000 miles), and in the 3000 miles I've driven it, it has needed TWO catalytic convertors! It also needed repair on a window that was cobbled together (which of course, I couldn't see). It is also the NOISIEST car I've ever had. It revs up alot each morning when it is cold outside until I've traveled a few miles at higher speeds. I rue the day I bought this car and I'm afraid to drive it for fear the transmission will be next. I clearly have a lemon.
Favorite Features
Roomy, handles well.
Suggested Improvements
NEVER ever buy a car with TWO catalytic convertors because they are $500 a piece. Also when buying a used car, be sure to: 1) turn off all radios, blowers so you can hear the engine 2) check thoroughly for burn holes (push front seat backs apart from seat so you can see into cracks - big burn hole I discovered later) 3) get into back seat and thoroughly inspect 4) look at ceiling for wear and dirt 5) roll and unroll all windows completely up and down (mine fell out of track when lowered certain amount) 6) if warranty is offered - take it 7) look in trunk and check for signs of rust 8) don't buy a car that has more than average number of owners (look at car fax)