Used 2003 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Pontiac Vibe

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Love my Vibe
By Brandy

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love how I can fold down the back seats and fit almost anything in this small car that has so much space and room. Plus I am very tall and wanted something that had plenty of leg room for the driver and all the passengers, this has it. Lots of room for a car!!! The vibe has good fuel economy and plenty of room! I love it.

Favorite Features

The fold down back seats and how high up sit up for being in a car. Plus it is very roomy!

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see an easy way to hook up an ipod or mp3 player to the stereo.

Some Good-Some Bad
By Terry Sack

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Vibe because I have had a Corolla with 270,000 miles on it with no problems. Must have gotten a lemon as engine went out at 80,000miles ($5000 and GM laughed at me---never another GM vehicle for me). Also replaced 2 catalytic converters---never did this before on the many, many cars I have owned. Check engine light has been on more than it is off. Noted others had tire problems--so did I. Tire shop said camber was off from factory. Other than the expenses above the car has been fun to drive and gets great mileage---lots of room. I will never deal with GM again, however.

Favorite Features

Mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Get major components that last. Needs rear spoiler badly as any dust/snow accumulates on rear window in a heartbeat.

Never Again....
By BorderCollieBingo

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Vibe the first year they came out. Never again! I hope they ironed out all the kinks! I am really disappointed with this vehicle and definitely would not buy another. I have a ton of complaints about this vehicle. The molding at the bottom of the door is falling off, the plastic cover under the front bumper and in the wheel well was falling off and dragging on my tires, the seat belt strangles me no matter how I adjust it, the visors are useless to someone my height (5'4"). The tilt steering is a joke...it tilts about 1 inch! The size of this vehicle is VERY deceiving. I can't fit anything in it, and the back doors don't open far enough to get anything large inside!

Favorite Features

Not a darn thing. Ok, maybe the moonroof...which I had to go back to the dealer twice for because it leaked!

Suggested Improvements

See above. The car has been very reliable, but I have been told by my mechanic that parts are hard to get!!! Pontiac, try again!!

2003 Vibe
By l giuliano

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 120,000 miles on my Vibe. I have had zero problems. I am going to get another one next year and give my present Vibe to my kids.

Favorite Features

Air vents - you can shut them down completely, or point them all in one direction

Suggested Improvements

Red illumianted numbers on radio are hard to see in the daylight

Fantastic reliable car
By A Andrews

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Before the Pontiac Vibe was out on the market, I saw a report on Popular Mechanics, and I knew this was the car I was looking for my wife. It had all that she needed. Although being a totally new car, just knowing that it was basically a Toyota Corolla, that was all I needed to know, so, as soon as it was out, I ordered one. Made the right choice!

Favorite Features

Favorite features are, cargo space, exterior design, reliability, fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more power, but not if it takes fuel economy to be affected by much.