2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Great Vehicle!!!
By Ron on 01/01/06 11:21 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited my 2003 Vibe from elderly parents who no longer drive. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and would buy another in a heartbeat. Fuel economy is consistently in the low 30's which is remarkable since I regularly drive it 75-80 mph on the Illinois Tollway. I recently had a near collision with a deer and was extemely impressed with the braking and stability in my avoidance maneuver! The basic Vibe seems to handle well in the snow considering I do not have the AWD version. Since the wagon is essentially a Toyota in a GM skin the reliability is supreme. As gas prices head skyward the Vibe is a outstanding option to purchasing an expensive hybrid. Buy one!!!!

Vibe review
By P.Jones on 12/30/05 03:03 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Vibe has been a very trouble free auto since day one. It is 3 years old with 30,000 miles on it. It still looks new.

I love this car!
By kbowser`05 on 12/27/05 20:12 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great Gas mileage; fun Moon & Tunes package; comfortable. Just a great vehicle for an affordable price! Personally, I think the Vibe is much better looking than its "twin" the Toyota Matrix.

2003 Vibe
By GE on 12/07/05 14:25 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car until the transmission failed at less than 60,000 miles costing me $3,500 in repairs plus grief. No help was received from GM after filing a claim. I'll buy a Nissan next time.

not so bad
By Batman2327 on 10/31/05 15:20 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great so far. Bought it used and haven't had any problems. Although the acceleration isn't great it does have a fairly consistent acceleration up to 100mph and what it lacks in acceleration it makes up for it with good handling, esecially for a tall vehicle. I can fit two booster seats and a car seat in the back with no problems.

Overall OK, but a few Kinks
By Ginger Leigh on 10/12/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Though I've owned over fifteen used cars in my life, this was the first new car I bought. I bought it because it was half-Toyota, yet it had an all- American name. Overall, I'm satisfied with it. Many people have commented on stylin it is. I like the interior features (the electric outlet, the many small storage compartments) and the old-school Pontiac style dashboard, lighted red at night. However, I don't care for the style of the rear-end, and I've had minor electrical problems (battery, sunroof, the interior map light). Also, the pick-up is kind of slow. Interested? Get the GT, all possible options, and definately get the extended warranty -- GM's warranty STINKS!

Good Value Family Car
By currycook on 06/29/05 13:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Vibe because we were on a budget and wanted a family car that we could afford but also would be reliable. The Vibe has not dissappointed us. It has been very reliable and even fun to drive. I was attracted to it because of the Toyota engine and it has been excellent. Our experience so far has been very positive.

Great car for the money!
By Rob on 05/26/05 09:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the process of building a new house when my previous vehicle's lease expired so I was on the hunt for an inexpensive vehicle. I cheaped out and leased a 2003 Vibe w/ a manual transmission-the only options on the car are alloy wheels and a 6 disc CD changer. I am very happy with the vehicle. It gets great gas mileage and I was surprised how much stuff I got in it with the rear seats folded down (dressers, lawn mower, tables). I owned a GMC Jimmy several years ago and experienced one quality defect after another so I was aprehensive about going with another GM product. But since this is really a Toyota in a GM skin it has proved to be reliable and solidly built.

Feel the Vibe
By C.Hade on 05/13/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great cross-over for the money, lots of fun to drive, handles very well, very good braking system and well built! Fuel efficient, nice int. and ext. styling. The kids can get in and out of the vehicule with ease in the rear seating area.

Little things got annoying over time...
By andrear on 02/21/05 04:22 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really liked this car at first, but over the last two years little things have started to annoy me. First of all the gas millage is awful, and always has been. I was led on to believe that this car was so great on gas and that was never the case. Also the blind spot on this car is boarder line dangerous. You can't see the dash lights in the sun because they are red and set back to far. Also the center compartment thing comes open over every bump. I ignored these things for a while, but now they are getting hard to live with. The car is not that fun to drive and handles awful in the snow.