2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Five years and going strong
By L Rabbett on 06/27/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in Dec, 2002, I have had vehicle for over five years. Decided to look at new vehicles to trade in. ended up looking at the new Vibe along with many others brands. Really like the new Vibe, but decided to keep what I have even though the new vibe has a more powerful engine.

Won over
By G Mundy on 06/21/08 14:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This Was the first American car i have purchased in 15 years. After owning this car for several years I am happy to see that American manufacturers are getting it right again. The Vibe has been trouble free and a joy to drive. I am ready to trade this one in for a newer model and will be getting another Vibe here shortly.

Best Car I've ever owned
By Kathy on 06/20/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely loved this car. I bought it used a little over 2 years ago. It is very spacious inside - I am 6' tall and my husband is 6'1" and there is plenty of room without feeling cramped. This car has been extremely reliable and awesome on gas. I averaged about 28-29 mpg, city. Put me on a highway and I was always well above 30. This car has also proved itself to be very safe and solidly built. My car was recently totaled (someone pulled out in front of us while we were going 55 mph). The damage from the crash did not go past the front door, and we all walked away unharmed. I will be replacing it with another Vibe shortly

Vibe Lover
By Martin on 06/07/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I lived in Texas and was attending college in Pennsylvania. I went from a Corolla (which I loved) and wanted something with much more people and cargo space without compromising fuel efficiency. With this car being built by Toyota, it finished my decision. We have had no problems with it whatsoever and it now has 96,000 miles on it!!!

Ellis GT
By Richard Ellis on 06/05/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My wife and both enjoy our Vibe. We took a gamble buying a new 2003 model that had very little written about it at that time. We are very pleased by the performance and reliability of the GT and have only two minor repairs since we purchased it in 2003. My wife uses the Vibe,five days a week to visit shut-ins and seniors, on backroads that are gravel or sand in addition to normal paved highway. She loves her Vibe and enjoys the "spirit" it has for all types of normal driving conditions. She has mentioned buying a new one after this one reaches 150,000 miles.

Intense research paid off!!!
By Michelle on 05/21/08 01:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Couldn't be more pleased w/ this vehicle, unlike the "second car" for cash I bought at the same time (1996 Ford Contour) - we've stuck thousands into that lemon! The Vibe however, is a delight. There have been a few fixes...oxygen sensor, broken outside door handle (that's one thing which I found was true, plastic on interior and exterior on the cheaper side). We have grown our family fast, and I can actually put 3 car seats across the back. It's deceivingly roomy. The cargo area is decent and even my 6'3" husband doesn't feel cramped in the front seat. Remember when servicing this car, take it to someone who knows Toyota engines (Tuffy replaced some fluids), I was told this is a no no.

Great sporty little hatchback
By Driver on 04/28/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We bought our 2003 Vibe Gt with 35,000 miles on it. This model was hard to find! Very few of the higher level car were out there. we have enjoyed it for over two years now, never having a problem. Lots of fun to drive, quick and tight. We added 18" wheels, sporty exhaust, and tint. I hope to drive this for at least thee to four more years. The only complaint is lack of good lumbar support in the driver's seat.

Love my Vibe
By Brandy on 01/21/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love how I can fold down the back seats and fit almost anything in this small car that has so much space and room. Plus I am very tall and wanted something that had plenty of leg room for the driver and all the passengers, this has it. Lots of room for a car!!! The vibe has good fuel economy and plenty of room! I love it.

Some Good-Some Bad
By Terry Sack on 10/10/07 16:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Vibe because I have had a Corolla with 270,000 miles on it with no problems. Must have gotten a lemon as engine went out at 80,000miles ($5000 and GM laughed at me---never another GM vehicle for me). Also replaced 2 catalytic converters---never did this before on the many, many cars I have owned. Check engine light has been on more than it is off. Noted others had tire problems--so did I. Tire shop said camber was off from factory. Other than the expenses above the car has been fun to drive and gets great mileage---lots of room. I will never deal with GM again, however.

Never Again....
By BorderCollieBingo on 09/14/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Vibe the first year they came out. Never again! I hope they ironed out all the kinks! I am really disappointed with this vehicle and definitely would not buy another. I have a ton of complaints about this vehicle. The molding at the bottom of the door is falling off, the plastic cover under the front bumper and in the wheel well was falling off and dragging on my tires, the seat belt strangles me no matter how I adjust it, the visors are useless to someone my height (5'4"). The tilt steering is a joke...it tilts about 1 inch! The size of this vehicle is VERY deceiving. I can't fit anything in it, and the back doors don't open far enough to get anything large inside!