Used 2003 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

Love my Vibe!
By Feather

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Vibe new in 2003 and have only had to do the brakes, oil changes, and tires - and we're almost at 100K (97K right now). Even though we can't fit three car seats in the back (darn!) and have #3 on the way, we are keeping this car as my husband's daily driver. Easy to drive, enough horsepower for me - LOVE the storage capabilities with this car, and I would recommend one to anyone. Definitely impressed with my first (and what seems like my last due to the demise of the brand) Pontiac.

Fold down seats, flexible interior design. When we only had one child (and a dog) we would fold down the one seat in the back for the "dog space" and keep my son's carseat on the other side. Perfect!

More than 49 inches of rear hip room so I might be able to get three car seats in there! :)

toms vibe
By tom

2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

have a vibe just turned 100,000 miles. never had any repairs other than oil every 3,000 miles. couple sets of brakes, and few sets of tire. and couple of head lights. best mechanical car i ever owned.

gas mileage and reliability.

the interior could be improved its plain. could use more power but i guess that would ruin the gas mileage 23 city 34 highway.

Not sexy, but dependable
By Jay Brad

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Vibe with 36,000 miles and are now at 96,000 miles. The only repair was on the alternator at 90,000 miles. Outside of that it has just been oil changes and brake pads. This is a great car! The only thing it lacks is a cool factor. However, we drive a ton and the whole family enjoys the ride.

Sun roof-Great on summer days! Fold down seats in back-Great for Home Depot runs. Toyota Engine-No horse power, but very dependable Gas Mileage is amazing. 30MPG no matter where you drive.

Our Vibe has a mesh material that is very hard to keep clean when you have kids.

GrannyVibes
By beckys56

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with the vibe. It gets great gas mileage on hwy 35- 36,in town average 29. Lots of room for my camping equipment and grandkids. Got a lewis and clark bag for the top when in travel mode, works great saves room in vehicle for other things. Do wish I had cruise control. Would suggest for people to purchase a vibe. Not really liking the new design, but as long as they didn't chg the mileage I could handle the new design. I have drove 70000 miles in 6yrs, I would drive my vibe any where if need be, handles great, even in snow. Change oil 3000 miles or 3mths,tires 1x a year and yearly check ups.

gas mileage, room, sunroof,all around great vehicle

seats need to be more comfortable for long travel.

If it was a lesser car, I'd be dead.
By can't complain

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently hit by someone who ran a stop sign; t-boned the car, and it was slammed tail first into an electric pole. We walked away from the car with soft tissue damage; if it'd been a lesser car, we would have been badly hurt. No side air bags--I LOVED my car. Filled up each Sunday, got me around for the week with 40 miles a day average, with manual transmission. Had a problem with the gas tank, but it was just an annoyance. Car was NEVER a headache. After 6 years, it still had a beautiful exterior, paint held up well. Seats stain a little too easily, imo. Drove well, only had to replace the clutch, NEVER had any serious engine problems. FUN TO DRIVE, just check my mileage, lol!

Great car for small family. Intuitive placement of controls. Great on gas, adequete space. Had cruise control on manual, was incredibly safe even w/o side airbags.

Might want to up-grade the tires, seat cloth was not "wipe clean" as stated by dealership. shoulder and lap belt on center backseat instead of lap belt. GAS TANK problem! Had to fuel up very slowly in order for car to take gas; dealership actually made problem worse, so might be unique to car.

• SUV