2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
Love my Vibe
By Brandy on 01/21/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love how I can fold down the back seats and fit almost anything in this small car that has so much space and room. Plus I am very tall and wanted something that had plenty of leg room for the driver and all the passengers, this has it. Lots of room for a car!!! The vibe has good fuel economy and plenty of room! I love it.

Some Good-Some Bad
By Terry Sack on 10/10/07 16:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Vibe because I have had a Corolla with 270,000 miles on it with no problems. Must have gotten a lemon as engine went out at 80,000miles ($5000 and GM laughed at me---never another GM vehicle for me). Also replaced 2 catalytic converters---never did this before on the many, many cars I have owned. Check engine light has been on more than it is off. Noted others had tire problems--so did I. Tire shop said camber was off from factory. Other than the expenses above the car has been fun to drive and gets great mileage---lots of room. I will never deal with GM again, however.

Never Again....
By BorderCollieBingo on 09/14/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Vibe the first year they came out. Never again! I hope they ironed out all the kinks! I am really disappointed with this vehicle and definitely would not buy another. I have a ton of complaints about this vehicle. The molding at the bottom of the door is falling off, the plastic cover under the front bumper and in the wheel well was falling off and dragging on my tires, the seat belt strangles me no matter how I adjust it, the visors are useless to someone my height (5'4"). The tilt steering is a joke...it tilts about 1 inch! The size of this vehicle is VERY deceiving. I can't fit anything in it, and the back doors don't open far enough to get anything large inside!

2003 Vibe
By l giuliano on 08/30/07 06:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 120,000 miles on my Vibe. I have had zero problems. I am going to get another one next year and give my present Vibe to my kids.

Fantastic reliable car
By A Andrews on 11/25/06 06:11 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Before the Pontiac Vibe was out on the market, I saw a report on Popular Mechanics, and I knew this was the car I was looking for my wife. It had all that she needed. Although being a totally new car, just knowing that it was basically a Toyota Corolla, that was all I needed to know, so, as soon as it was out, I ordered one. Made the right choice!

Great Car
By kevin_junger on 11/11/06 18:25 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the car in March 03 and have been very pleased. As of today the car has 58,000 miles and has never been back to the dealer for any reason. Handling is excellent. Acceleration is acceptable but the 1.8 liter is a little noisy above 4,000 rpm. Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase and would buy another Vibe in a second.

Pontiac vibe
By Val on 09/30/06 22:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A very nice and durable car. Has engine of corolla. Quite working engine and perfect fuel efficiency. fun to drive.

Still Loving It!!
By Carrie T on 09/29/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vibe new in 2003 and was concerned that I might have problems as it was the first model year. I'm going on 4 years now, not a single problem and I still LOVE it! It's practical (room for just about everyone and everything) and gets phenomenal gas mileage (35-36 mpg on average). It's fun to drive and I still have enough money after filling the tank to do lots of shopping: tiny gas tank = less money to fill! I would recommend this big, little car to anyone who's budget conscious but wants a cool, spunky, dependable car.

That darn engine light
By Sherri on 09/02/06 22:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Vibe for three years now and about twice a year it is in the shop for the engine light coming on. So far the most of the time I have been told it is the fuel emissions. Well it's back on again and my warranty just ran out... So what to do? I don't recommend the 2003 Vibe at all. I mean I like the way it rides, it's style, but too many trips to the shop.

transmission
By lou on 09/01/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

at 57,000 miles 5-speed manual transmission failed. dealer helped because out of warranty so it cost $2200 for new trans. now have 92,000 miles and starting to hear noise again, afraid it's going to fail again.