Used 2003 Pontiac Vibe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

my vibe
By mike r

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned my vibe for 15 months. It is the most practical car I have ever owned. Drive 65 miles one way to work every day in Atlanta traffic. Haul everything I need to in the back with the seats down. Open the sunroof, turn the radio up, crank up the ac and cruise ( or stop and go).

Functionality. Fuel economy.

Clutch must be fully (and then some) depressed to start. I jumped the switch out. Hatchback door has to be closed FIRMLY or you will have the interior lights flickering on as you drive. both minor.

Practicality
By Chris (Go Wings!)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle! Perfectly suits my needs. Recently started a family and commute 190 miles each day. Gas mileage has improved as the miles rack up and the functionality of this vehicle is great! Extremely comfortable, plenty of head and leg room, and lots of cargo space when needed. I purchased a 2 wheel drive with the 5 speed standard. It is fun to drive a stick again and I average about 35.5 mpg. Highly recommended. No problems to date with 24,000 miles. I would opt for slighty more power if it was available

Seats, shifter position, versatility, reasonably priced without the cheap car feeling

Slight increase in horsepower

love it!
By RN

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Vibe is fun to drive and performance is great for "mom's car". We picked the Vibe over the Matrix because of GM's financing. Mileage is fantastic, especially compared to my old Blazer. Seating and leg room are comfortable for everyone, even in the back seat. My husband, who is very picky about car performance, is surprised at how much he likes the Vibe.

Moon & Tunes, mileage, seating

Telescopic steering wheel, non-skid material in cargo area, longer sun visors, more standard features on base model

Enjoying the fuel mileage
By Pontiac Man

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I tried Matrix and Vibe. Vibe seems to be a better value to me. We have the moon and tunes package. Radio sounds good, could care less about the moon roof. Getting 10 more miles to the gallon than the SUV I traded. Enjoying the extra pocket money.

Nice radio. Plastic flooring in rear. Daytime running lights.

Chrome on dash reflects in windshield, distracting. Radio numbers can't be read in bright sunshine.

Turns Heads
By nucka

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very appealing. People always stop me and ask "what type of car is that?" Some would like to call it a SUV station wagon but still think the body style of the car has something to say.

Front grill, headlights, dashboard and interior.

The car definitely needs stronger visual advertisement. In other words, Pontiac should push the car harder like it's sister vehicle --the Toyota, Matrix.