Used 2003 Pontiac Vibe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
By gclaiborne

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago with 111,000 miles on it. Now has 160,000 and it's definitely been the best and most fun car I've ever driven. I average 30 mpg and love the 1.8 Liter Toyota high performance engine with the 6 speed manual.

Engine, miles per gallon, cargo room, luggage rack, seats, upholstery.

A quieter ride would be nice.

165,000 miles and still going strong.
By madelineo

2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Pontiac Vibe when they first came out brand new. I have had no major problems with it. I have done regular oil changes. The only thing I have had to repalce were tires. This cars has been great. It is comfortable and has a sleek look. Continue to get comments on the car. People ask how many miles it has and when I tell them they say that is awesome. I love this car. It has been the best car i ever had.

Comfortable and the look.

None

Sadly parting with this car.
By iamhere

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Sick at heart. This 2003 Vibe has 155,000 miles on it. I replaced a sluggish starter about 20,000 miles ago. That is it other than battery, tires, alignment, brakes and spark plugs. Some jerk ran a stop sign and totaled the car. Sick at heart. Want another just like it. It was perfect and I know it would have gone another 100,000 miles easily. Best interior and configuration. Never a bit of problem. So sad.

Everything. The plug in, dependability, motor, interior, plastic seat coating when you haul, luggage racks, sun roof, dash, long lasting car. Want another.

The windows did not wipe clean when you roll them down in the rain. Otherwise, no complaint.

I still love my car!!
By Kathy

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Clocked over 120K in 10 years and still going strong. Fits everything I ever needed it to...Camping Gear, Kayaks on the roof, 46in flat screen, my 3 dogs, and dozens of 8foot 2x4s for the occasional home project. I live in PA and its been to Florida, Boston, New Orleans and everywhere in between. Its my first choice for long trips and gets great gas mileage-upper 30's on the highway. Great in all weather, even snow, but good all weather tires are a must. Odd problems are just starting to happen now...need to change the Catalytic Converter, first fuse just blew last month and something is wrong with the vent in the gas tank. Filling up takes forever. But still the best car ever!

Cruise controll, Auto headlights. Moon and Tunes Package with 6 speakers and sun roof. Also added aftermarket rain gaurds and Auto start. Couln't live without either.

More room surrounding the outlet. I never use it as most plug are larger the the standard lamp plug. Even cell phone plugs don't fit. Also would be nice to have an audio output jack for the stereo.

Great Car
By JohnR

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Vibe with 33,000 miles and now has 108,000 after my 5 years of ownership. Oil changes every 5000 miles. First brake job when it was in the 90k range. Changed the belt and did a few other preventative items at the same time but that's it. Car has been great and is zippy enough to be fun to drive. Ugly GM radio but the sound is good. My drivers window rattles a bit but it's the only one so there may have been some damage to it before I got it. All in all, this is a great car if you are looking for a reliable, sporty, and convenient vehicle to own.

Who says you need a 1/2 ton pickup for your average run to Home Depot? Just fold down the back seats and open the hatch. Plenty of room for hauling 99% of the time.

I think the radio is terribly ugly but that's just a personal preference. Other than that that can't say I'd recommend anything at this price point.