2003 Pontiac Vibe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vibe model:
How To Get Toyota Performance in A GM Product, Better Styling & All on a Solid Frame
By zoezmom on 10/07/13 14:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this for my 6'3" husband to commute from MD to D.C., brand new in 2003 - Trying to figure out how to please a guy, who drove a Camaro for years, but, who only believes in paying for GTO (Gas, Tires & Oil) & is a bad owner (I take care of scheduling all reg. maintenance on our cars), I knew that this would be a perfect choice. Lowest Cost of Ownership, ever! A $1K Ox Sensor, Cat Converter & Exhaust was needed by 150K Miles & just dropped her off for her first Clutch & Full Assembly & 2nd-Ever Tune-up with an Odometer Reading of 241K Miles, which will be $1500-$1600. My Mechanic stated that it has a Supra Engine & I have to tell you, it handles like an Dream Fast, Fun, Smooth & Solid

Gets the job done!
By th3fr4nchi5e on 08/22/13 16:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Vibe for $200 as a Winter beater about 2 years ago from a gentleman who definitely did not car for the car. A $50 flywheel, $300 in winter tires and alot of TLC and it was back in action. Car has ran great since and is a blast to drive. Not fast by any means but the little 4 banger screams up top and handles pretty well. Its excellent in the snow on fresh winter tires and so easy to play around in without losing control. Got the car with 91k miles, now is nearing 110k. Just the initial stuff and regular maintenance and not other expenses yet! (knock on wood) Gets around 30 mpg on the highway and low-mid 20s in the city. If you need a fun point A to point B car, buy a Vibe!

Not bad but not what I expected.
By 93pontiacga on 05/14/13 08:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Being a Toyota, I thought I could get at least 250k miles out of it before any major repairs. They say about cars nickle and diming you after they got older. This car never did that, it just slammed me with a book. I replaced the cat once, which was under warranty. At 188k, I replaced the clutch. Great so far. It has 219k on it now and it just cost me almost as much to fix as the car is worth. Needless to say, I most likely wont get another car with a Toyota engine in it.

Worst car I've ever bought
By pra22 on 03/01/13 10:20 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used 3 months ago (with 118,000 miles), and in the 3000 miles I've driven it, it has needed TWO catalytic convertors! It also needed repair on a window that was cobbled together (which of course, I couldn't see). It is also the NOISIEST car I've ever had. It revs up alot each morning when it is cold outside until I've traveled a few miles at higher speeds. I rue the day I bought this car and I'm afraid to drive it for fear the transmission will be next. I clearly have a lemon.

Purchased new
By drava on 04/19/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I now have 114,000 miles on car. Am very satisfied, It handles like a sports car, feels like a sport car, performs like a sports car with its hi tech engine and 6 speed trans. I wish a supercharger was available, Did you know that the GT engine is the same base engine used in the Lotus Elise sports car? I understand the engine is built by Yamaha A supercharger is available for the engine by Lotus plus it has a special software to control the valve timing I have replaced only normal wear items ie clutch, brakes, tires, struts Did have powerwidow problem ie glass coming loose from regulater, but they did have a recall on that

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
By gclaiborne on 02/29/12 16:13 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about 3 years ago with 111,000 miles on it. Now has 160,000 and it's definitely been the best and most fun car I've ever driven. I average 30 mpg and love the 1.8 Liter Toyota high performance engine with the 6 speed manual.

165,000 miles and still going strong.
By madelineo on 01/22/12 14:57 PM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2003 Pontiac Vibe when they first came out brand new. I have had no major problems with it. I have done regular oil changes. The only thing I have had to repalce were tires. This cars has been great. It is comfortable and has a sleek look. Continue to get comments on the car. People ask how many miles it has and when I tell them they say that is awesome. I love this car. It has been the best car i ever had.

Sadly parting with this car.
By iamhere on 09/09/11 19:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe GT Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Sick at heart. This 2003 Vibe has 155,000 miles on it. I replaced a sluggish starter about 20,000 miles ago. That is it other than battery, tires, alignment, brakes and spark plugs. Some jerk ran a stop sign and totaled the car. Sick at heart. Want another just like it. It was perfect and I know it would have gone another 100,000 miles easily. Best interior and configuration. Never a bit of problem. So sad.

I still love my car!!
By Kathy on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Clocked over 120K in 10 years and still going strong. Fits everything I ever needed it to...Camping Gear, Kayaks on the roof, 46in flat screen, my 3 dogs, and dozens of 8foot 2x4s for the occasional home project. I live in PA and its been to Florida, Boston, New Orleans and everywhere in between. Its my first choice for long trips and gets great gas mileage-upper 30's on the highway. Great in all weather, even snow, but good all weather tires are a must. Odd problems are just starting to happen now...need to change the Catalytic Converter, first fuse just blew last month and something is wrong with the vent in the gas tank. Filling up takes forever. But still the best car ever!

Great Car
By JohnR on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Pontiac Vibe Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Vibe with 33,000 miles and now has 108,000 after my 5 years of ownership. Oil changes every 5000 miles. First brake job when it was in the 90k range. Changed the belt and did a few other preventative items at the same time but that's it. Car has been great and is zippy enough to be fun to drive. Ugly GM radio but the sound is good. My drivers window rattles a bit but it's the only one so there may have been some damage to it before I got it. All in all, this is a great car if you are looking for a reliable, sporty, and convenient vehicle to own.