1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Consumer Review: 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Review

Base Passenger Minivan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport
By Tiny_Bambi on

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport 4dr Ext Minivan

Major repairs, at 37,590 ml replaced alternator and battery. At 65,494 ml replaced defective water pump. At 73,066 ml replaced upper and lower manifold gasket along with thermostat due to damage created from dexicool that I no longer use. This vehicle will not accommodate a wheelchair lift to assist with transporting my son due to the slider doors on this year being too narrow. Was originally told when buying it that it would accommodate the lift system. (not!) my power windows do not work, running lights burn out and sockets are like crumbling, interior lights dysfunctional, don't even use auto slider door, half the time it does not work, allot of rattling from headlamps and running lights.

Despite all of the engine problems the air works good and being the extended version will accommodate my sons wheelchair that I have to lift and place in the back of the van to transport. I am the lift system. I really have nothing good to say about this vehicle.

As others have said, GM, Take responsibility for the thousands of consumers that have to pay out hundreds of $ to replace the gaskets that Dexi-Cool destroys. (I have seen your bulletin distributed to dealers about it)I will never buy another Pontiac. The body structure is even completely off kilter

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review