1998 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trans Sport model:
It just keeps on ticking
By It won't die on 05/05/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana 4dr Minivan

I have had a few problems with my Transport as well. The Manifold gasket and the radio display being 2 of them. I have also had to replace the power window switch twice on the drivers side. Overall this van has been exceptional. It never breaks down and all problems have been caught in regular checks. I was going to drive it till it died. But it's 10 years old and not even sick!

i love my van
By ben reed on 04/04/06 11:52 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana 4dr Minivan

this van has only needed one repair a fuel pump but my old caravan was a piece of crap i put a tranny a head gasket a fuel pump and a new sensor in the heater i would recommend the pontiac not the dodge

So Many Things to Like-so many problems
By MDuff on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana 4dr Minivan

I really like this van, however; I've had so many problems with it. Fortunately I bought an extended warranty, which still has me ahead on cost compared to Chrysler. However, the constant trips to the dealer was a pain. Some of the repeat repairs may have been due to the dealer's ability. Problems include: (3)new wiper assemblies, (2)new torque converters, new transmission, air leakage around windows, sliding door alignment, instrument panel lights & switches at $125 each, Traction Control Circuit problems, ABS Brake problems, new ventilation blower motor, & fuel level sensor level sensor.

By dkammeraad on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana 4dr Minivan

Good Van the only thing is wen something does wear out it cost a arm and a leg ( intake gasket, wheel bearings, brakes)

Not a good trade-in value
By keeshonden on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Montana 4dr Minivan

With all the money spent on the vehicle, I was sorry to find out that my Pontiac Montana had virtually no trade-in value. The dealer from whom I purchased the vehicle did not want to give me more than 1500.