1995 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Not too bad
By dd on 07/13/07 16:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Have put about 40,000 miles since purchasing this vehicle. The engine was replaced 120,000 miles ago, but the chassis is very good. At 290,000 miles, just starting to get minor tranny leaks and just now replaced the tie rods (cheap if you do it yourself!). The gas mileage seems poor 18-20 per gallon and it really labors pulling my 12' pop up camper. I would not tow more than a boat with this even though it is supposed to be rated at 2400-3000 lbs. The tow package has no transmission cooler so you could burn out your tranny in a hurry. Good second vehicle for a big family. Fits 7 but is cramped on long trips. Looking to upgrade to a conversion van for space and better towing. Ditto on electic issue

Love it!
By Tim on 11/09/05 20:48 PM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

This is one of the best vehicles i have ever owned. Even with the 3.1 engine its fun to drive and never leaves me stranded.

I think It's A Keeper
By Paul Thompson on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Since I bought this car in 2001, I've put a few bucks into it. Two water pumps, a computer and prom, neutral safety switch, one ball joint, one tie- rod, and a fuel pump. The front brakes and rotors I did myself so that saved me a couple bucks. I was having trouble with the passenger side window but I found the broken wire. The A/C Heater control has never lit up with lights on but I know where everthing is even in the dark. New plugs & wires were done at 115,000 miles. The car now has 138,000 mi. on it. I guess my biggest fear is that of the unknown....How long will the tranny last.Right now it seems fine but who knows?

Our Fav Car of All Time
By sunnye on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Of all the cars we've had during the course of a 48 year marriage, this is our favorite. We will never trade it in. The design is perfect, especially the slanted front window and vertical back window. Air currents when the car is in motion keep the windshields free and clear. It's a comfortable car to drive or to ride in.

Replacement of engineS
By christinemad on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

WATCH OUT. We are having to put the 3rd engine in this vehicle. On our way home from our holidays, the bottom went out again, just 16 months after putting in another motor (not rebuilt). There is a pattern here. It seems that the motor "goes" at about 155,000 kilometers. DO NOT BUY!!

I love this van!
By babyvan on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I have had this van for 8 years. The A/C system workd great, I can always keep it on the lowest setting and stay comfortable. The heat has a vent right at my feet, it's great for warming my feet when the rest of me is not cold! The steering wheels controls are wonderful for the radio, I keep hitting the button until I hear somehting I like. I call it my rolling Living Room!

love/leave it
By zgonsean on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

My experiences range from good and bad. It makes me hate this van one day and love it the next. The engine itself has run extremely well and been great on gas. The fit and finish of the interior is full of squeaks and rattles. The electical system has been a terrible delimma, and front end suspension parts - I go through them like popcorn. BUT its comfy, spacious, drives well and still looks great on the outside as the day I bought it. Good stereo sound, plenty of glass to see (feels like a space ship) and makes long trips pleasurable. Have a dog and 2 kids. How could I go back to a car, or the gas guzzling SUV I once had.

Put a new engine in
By newengine on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I purchased my van with a cracked block, I can't pass up a deal. It had the 3.8L engine which was easy to replace. Cost of replacing engine and purchasing the van was well under market thanks to my machanic brother. I went from a VW Passat to this. Practical and reasonable to maintain we even use it to tow a pop up trailer with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I'd make the same choise again it's been a good van, but their are times I miss the Passat. We now have 245000Km on it.

A Campers dream
By MKFH on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

We have held onto this care for the past 8 years due to following reasons: 1) The ease of the arrangements of seats. 2) The built-in child seat (for grandchildren hauling) 3) no worry of blind-spot.

Sell at 60000
By Donad on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Car was driven by Mom only. No abuse. Original owners. Replaced trans and engine. Axels. Window motors. Modulator twice. This car is terrible. Constant leaks. Every month something else goes wrong.