1994 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic - (0 review )
By irick55 on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Bought 2nd handed from private owner. Love the exterior looks, inside looks & comfort. Looked @ several other newer vans but really happy I decided on the Pontiac Trans Sport.

Hate it
By Sharon on 01/30/10 22:05 PM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I got this van and was it worked well But then It wouldn't start and no one can tell me why! Went to 2 different places and There was nothing wrong. It has new plugs, wires and starter, But still only starts about once a month very disappointing

Loved It
By Kerri M Messier on 07/28/09 10:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

This van was handed down to me with 165,000 and it is now going on 199,000 miles. Up until recently there have been no major repairs and it was just awesome. Now the manifold has antifreeze leaking from it and it will cost as much as the vehicle is worth but, I would buy another in a heart beat.

Love it
By My Transport on 06/21/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Purchased this vehicle 2 years ago. I have a big family and it's a great family van! Only thing is it doesn't perform too well when gas tank gets down to 1/4 tank. Have had a diagnostic done several times and everyone says there's nothing wrong. Love all the space when seats are removed. Very dependable. No problems starting in cold weather. Love the automatic side door. Two-year daughter was able to get van (while running) in drive without applying brake first. Gas mileage could be better. Do not regret decision to buy. Would buy again. My husband keeps saying he's going to get rid of it so he can buy another vehicle. I won't let him.

Too Soon to Tell
By Rodney on 05/05/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

It is fun to drive. Have had only one week. One problem is how far back driver is from front end. When turning it appears it takes the front a while to catch up. Took a while to find the owners manual. Love the idea of individual seats. Have a Caravan and Navigator. Always taking out the seats and usually need help. Just wish the back seats could turn around. Have an oil leak and trouble getting at the tappet cover to tighten it. Could use a little more space to work on engine. Since it is 14 years olds it is surprising how good it handles. The pushbutton sliding side door is great. Surprised it still works.Looks nice with the alloy wheels.

Pontiac Trans Sport
By dave on 06/02/07 12:33 PM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Very versitile vehicle. Tows 2 tons and cruises easy on the highway. Too bad 3.8 liter gets only about 20 average mpg

1994 Transport 3.1
By athonyd on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

A wonderful mini-van to drive. Works well in cold weather and very dependable. Even thoe I average roughly 15000KM a year. Suspension is kind of weak for this van, maybe the 3.8 has a stronger suspention and better brakes. If I had to buy this mini van all over again, I would.

Pontiac Transport
By laxton on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

A few days before we bought our Transport , there was a newspaper article about one involved in a rollover , hit by a large truck . None of the six passengers were hurt badly .That made up our mind !

my van
By hani on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I use the van because of our kids...so, it must be reliable...right? It is! Never let me down...I just love this car...

Old faithful
By MFree on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Been a good van with no major problems. Engine is better than the body style with only a minor problem under the hood. Was one of the better vans at that time (1994) other than the Chryslers. Ford came out with Windstar same year or a year later and took the steam out of GM for a while. Mazda's original Mvp was a joke as was the undersized first Odyssey. Did what it needed to do.