Impressions of my Pontiac Trans Sport
By tooleman on
1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan
I bought my 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport in 2008 with 118,000 miles on the odometer. It runs flawlessly and is a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately, within a day of ownership, the starter failed and within 2 weeks the ABS sensor also failed. This sensor was expensive to replace and was told by the mechanic that this is a common design flaw. This proved true; having to replace this part again in 2010. Other flaws of this model have proven more superficial: both door handles have broken off which renders it comical when entering the vehicle; wiper motor failed and like every GM vehicle I've owned; the headliner sags on my head! Nonetheless, after 250,000 miles this spaceship still gets me home.
Favorite Features
Though the front of this vehicle resembles a child's vision of a spaceship, the extra large windshield offers excellent visibility. Being an above average sized driver, this vehicle has plenty of leg and headroom. Also, the ease of convertibility of the extra seats is a bonus. I have haul many large objects in the time I have owned this van and can quickly reposition the seats to accommodate a small baseball team.
Suggested Improvements
GM: start making Pontiacs again.