1993 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
Impressions of my Pontiac Trans Sport
By tooleman on 12/10/11 07:09 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I bought my 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport in 2008 with 118,000 miles on the odometer. It runs flawlessly and is a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately, within a day of ownership, the starter failed and within 2 weeks the ABS sensor also failed. This sensor was expensive to replace and was told by the mechanic that this is a common design flaw. This proved true; having to replace this part again in 2010. Other flaws of this model have proven more superficial: both door handles have broken off which renders it comical when entering the vehicle; wiper motor failed and like every GM vehicle I've owned; the headliner sags on my head! Nonetheless, after 250,000 miles this spaceship still gets me home.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By lkmdolphin on 05/14/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I'm the original owner of this 1993 Trans Sport SE, it's one of the Spring Special Editions for 93, you know the Dark Green over Gold ones. It has every option available except the sunroof and leather,(did not want those). My van has 230,000+ miles on it and 98% of it is still original. The seats & carpet are spotless, The body immaculate, & I drive it everywhere in all weather. Only issue I ever had since day one is the steering rack had to be replaced under warrenty. Only normal upkeep has ever been done. I fully expect to get 500.000 out of this van if not more. My wife and I absolutely love it and would not trade it for anything on the road today or since it was built.

Too bad it wasn't all fiberglass
By Dale Peryea on 04/25/09 17:02 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

We purchased ours used with 105,000 miles on it. 9 years 1 transmission and 1 engine later the strut mount on the passenger side rusted away. From the outside, the car looked near excellent (same color as the sample picture). We let it go to the salvage yard this week with 215,000 miles and our thanks. Handled good in snow, OK gas mileage. Near the end, the rear wiper assembly broke off and the back panel above the door started to show signs of rust. All in all if your going for looks this is a "cool" looking van.

Pontiac Trans Sport 1993
By Jimmy Laursen on 10/12/05 12:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has performed flawlessly since I bought it (193,000 Miles on odometer) Excellent on gas. Highway = 38Mpg (Can), City = 25 Mpg (Can). Window wiper motor too small for handling those large wipers. Replaced once after purchase. 3.8 Liter engine working great in every aspect. Had to replace Ball Joints and 1 Tie Rod (New Brunswick Roads) Jimmy Laursen

Car/truck combination
By kewkid on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Owned the vehicle since 72000 miles, now have over 203000 only major was a torque converter? but think that it may have been only needing solenoids at 133000, minor items as fuel pump, alternator, brakes which are normal maintenance I use it like a truck, pull small trailers, and use it for family transport also. get normal 19-20, trips are 24-29 and very little oil loss. Hope to drive it till it rusts or just falls apart.

Pontiac - Never again
By Pontiac No More on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

This is the second Pontiac I have owned and I will never buy another. Both my Sunbird and this Transport had major transmission problems at 70,000 miles. Power windows no longer work, gas release was broken, back hatch won't lock, surpentine belt squeaked for years. I wouldn't recommend a Pontiac to an enemy.

got my moneys worth
By gerry on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Well thought out design with a more than adequate powertrain and interior space. Its a noisy machine including creaks and wind noise but after 250,000 kms it still doesn't use any oil and has the same power and gas mileage as the day it came off the showroom floor. In the 11 years I've had this van its cost me a total of about $2000 in repairs. It owes me nothing.GM did good.

Tough Van
By Lawrence on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

After 137,000 miles, used as if it was a truck, as well as long distance vacations, this tough van had required only a fuel pump at 110,000 miles. Today it still looks better than the neighbors newer vehicles. Keep it!

Very versatile
By chipanddale on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Bought it new. No major problems after 10 years.

It is a keeper
By BradCDavis on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I have 175k on mine and have not had any major component failure. It has been ultra reliable.