Used 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.1L V6 3-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Impressions of my Pontiac Trans Sport
By tooleman

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I bought my 1993 Pontiac Trans Sport in 2008 with 118,000 miles on the odometer. It runs flawlessly and is a pleasure to drive. Unfortunately, within a day of ownership, the starter failed and within 2 weeks the ABS sensor also failed. This sensor was expensive to replace and was told by the mechanic that this is a common design flaw. This proved true; having to replace this part again in 2010. Other flaws of this model have proven more superficial: both door handles have broken off which renders it comical when entering the vehicle; wiper motor failed and like every GM vehicle I've owned; the headliner sags on my head! Nonetheless, after 250,000 miles this spaceship still gets me home.

Though the front of this vehicle resembles a child's vision of a spaceship, the extra large windshield offers excellent visibility. Being an above average sized driver, this vehicle has plenty of leg and headroom. Also, the ease of convertibility of the extra seats is a bonus. I have haul many large objects in the time I have owned this van and can quickly reposition the seats to accommodate a small baseball team.

GM: start making Pontiacs again.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By lkmdolphin

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

I'm the original owner of this 1993 Trans Sport SE, it's one of the Spring Special Editions for 93, you know the Dark Green over Gold ones. It has every option available except the sunroof and leather,(did not want those). My van has 230,000+ miles on it and 98% of it is still original. The seats & carpet are spotless, The body immaculate, & I drive it everywhere in all weather. Only issue I ever had since day one is the steering rack had to be replaced under warrenty. Only normal upkeep has ever been done. I fully expect to get 500.000 out of this van if not more. My wife and I absolutely love it and would not trade it for anything on the road today or since it was built.

The dash layout and steering wheel sound controls. the extremely comfortable front seats.The exterior style and color is my most favorite part, The 93' Trans Sport SE looks like nothing else out there. No cookie cutter car design here. Great job GM, you did this one right. Thanks

NONE!!!!

Too bad it wasn't all fiberglass
By Dale Peryea

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

We purchased ours used with 105,000 miles on it. 9 years 1 transmission and 1 engine later the strut mount on the passenger side rusted away. From the outside, the car looked near excellent (same color as the sample picture). We let it go to the salvage yard this week with 215,000 miles and our thanks. Handled good in snow, OK gas mileage. Near the end, the rear wiper assembly broke off and the back panel above the door started to show signs of rust. All in all if your going for looks this is a "cool" looking van.

Fiberglass body panels, radio controls on the steering wheel.

Have rust resistant metal throughout.

Pontiac Trans Sport 1993
By Jimmy Laursen

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has performed flawlessly since I bought it (193,000 Miles on odometer) Excellent on gas. Highway = 38Mpg (Can), City = 25 Mpg (Can). Window wiper motor too small for handling those large wipers. Replaced once after purchase. 3.8 Liter engine working great in every aspect. Had to replace Ball Joints and 1 Tie Rod (New Brunswick Roads) Jimmy Laursen

Engine and seating capacity

Wiper Motor

Car/truck combination
By kewkid

1993 Pontiac Trans Sport SE 3dr Minivan

Owned the vehicle since 72000 miles, now have over 203000 only major was a torque converter? but think that it may have been only needing solenoids at 133000, minor items as fuel pump, alternator, brakes which are normal maintenance I use it like a truck, pull small trailers, and use it for family transport also. get normal 19-20, trips are 24-29 and very little oil loss. Hope to drive it till it rusts or just falls apart.

Interior room and individual buckets, lots of glass ahead and high rear lights for visability

Radio antennnae is somewhere in roof, needs to work better