2009 Pontiac Torrent 3.4L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Driving it until it dies.

2009 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Review

2009 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Base 4dr SUV (3.4L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Driving it until it dies.
By mollyd on

2009 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Originally owned a 2007, traded in for a 2009 AWD when I heard they were stopping the line. I literally walked on the lot, said how much and then started negotiating. This one rides smoother than the 2007. I'm 5 feet tall and not only do I feel safer in an SUV, this one isn't so wide that I feel like I'm driving a bus. The AWD really gets me around in almost impassable snow. We had 13 inches and I didn't have a problem. I really love this car, mechanically I have not had a single problem at 30k+. My biggest challenge is where the front end ends, I always have about 12 inches of freedom I don't know about. Plus, parallel parking isn't tough unless it's a tiny spot. Fuel econ 17/21.

Favorite Features

Ability in snow, really decent stock tires, comfortable to drive, adult sized back seat, cargo space, auto tinting rear mirror, size of windshield is huge, dual aux outlets, extra cup holders in the back with a flip down center, love the on wheel controls, and my remote starter.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest covers the center console and lighter. If you need to charge cell phones or use the lighter, you have to lift the console with cup holders attached. Small storage on dash, great pocket storage and a weird one by your left knee. Blind spots on windshield frame. No Bluetooth.