Used 2009 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

Driving it until it dies.
By mollyd

2009 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Originally owned a 2007, traded in for a 2009 AWD when I heard they were stopping the line. I literally walked on the lot, said how much and then started negotiating. This one rides smoother than the 2007. I'm 5 feet tall and not only do I feel safer in an SUV, this one isn't so wide that I feel like I'm driving a bus. The AWD really gets me around in almost impassable snow. We had 13 inches and I didn't have a problem. I really love this car, mechanically I have not had a single problem at 30k+. My biggest challenge is where the front end ends, I always have about 12 inches of freedom I don't know about. Plus, parallel parking isn't tough unless it's a tiny spot. Fuel econ 17/21.

Favorite Features

Ability in snow, really decent stock tires, comfortable to drive, adult sized back seat, cargo space, auto tinting rear mirror, size of windshield is huge, dual aux outlets, extra cup holders in the back with a flip down center, love the on wheel controls, and my remote starter.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest covers the center console and lighter. If you need to charge cell phones or use the lighter, you have to lift the console with cup holders attached. Small storage on dash, great pocket storage and a weird one by your left knee. Blind spots on windshield frame. No Bluetooth.

regretful
By regretful

2009 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM says 16/24 mileage,more like 12/19,that's using cruise control, at approximately 70mph never over. It gets even less at 55 mph!what the!? Let up on the gas and it comes to a stop, I mean motor runs but I mean the power just dogs, it's like all power stops going to the drive train? I guess it saves on brakes. It has a horrible turning ratio, didn't notice it on test drive, you need to plan ahead to park. The CD player takes forever to load. If I'd known the gas mileage was going to be this bad, I would've bought a truck or a SUV with 4x4.

Favorite Features

Nice forward vision. Acceleration when you need it.Plenty of interior room.It does look sharp...hate to say it after all the negs.,probably why I didn't notice all the negs. in the first place.

Suggested Improvements

Can't it isn't being built anymore, but a back up camera or sensor would be helpful, and probably increased gas mileage or at least be honest and post what it really gets.