2009 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
Driving it until it dies.
By mollyd on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Originally owned a 2007, traded in for a 2009 AWD when I heard they were stopping the line. I literally walked on the lot, said how much and then started negotiating. This one rides smoother than the 2007. I'm 5 feet tall and not only do I feel safer in an SUV, this one isn't so wide that I feel like I'm driving a bus. The AWD really gets me around in almost impassable snow. We had 13 inches and I didn't have a problem. I really love this car, mechanically I have not had a single problem at 30k+. My biggest challenge is where the front end ends, I always have about 12 inches of freedom I don't know about. Plus, parallel parking isn't tough unless it's a tiny spot. Fuel econ 17/21.

regretful
By regretful on 12/09/09 14:11 PM (PST)

2009 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM says 16/24 mileage,more like 12/19,that's using cruise control, at approximately 70mph never over. It gets even less at 55 mph!what the!? Let up on the gas and it comes to a stop, I mean motor runs but I mean the power just dogs, it's like all power stops going to the drive train? I guess it saves on brakes. It has a horrible turning ratio, didn't notice it on test drive, you need to plan ahead to park. The CD player takes forever to load. If I'd known the gas mileage was going to be this bad, I would've bought a truck or a SUV with 4x4.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Pontiac Torrent in VA is:

$117 per month*