2008 Pontiac Torrent Consumer Review: Knew What I Was Getting

2008 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Review

GXP 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Knew What I Was Getting
By czuchster on

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are some squeaks here and there, especially with the steering wheel, but I read the reviews before I bought the car and I knew what to expect. The only disappointment has been with the gas mileage, which hasn't quite been up to the EPA estimates. Even my Hondaphile and Toyotaphile friends have been impressed with the comfort and looks of my Torrent. On the safety front, I was in an accident three months ago that sent two other drivers to the hospital but I didn't get a scratch, or even feel sore the next day. I can't rave enough. I've looked at trading it in for something with better MPG, but I can't find anything I'd give up for Torrent for.

The biggest plus in my book has been the spacious back seat -- when family members who are six-foot-plus pile in the back, they can't believe their knees aren't bumping against the back of my seat. Definitely worth my investment.

Now that Pontiac is gone, that would be pointless, huh?