2008 Pontiac Torrent 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love my Torrent GXP

2008 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Review

GXP 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Love my Torrent GXP
By JRagan on

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my '08 Torrent GXP about a month ago. It is Carbon Black. Mine came fully loaded with DVD entertainment system which included a pair of Panasonic wireless headphones. It also has OnStar and XM raidio. The sound system sounds great and movies really rock coming out of the cars speakers. The wireless headphones sound great and are much much better than I thought they would be. I really like how the 60/40 rear seat can slide almost 8 in. I must say the GXP's 264 hp engine really delivers.It gives you plenty of get up and go and lots of power to tow. I drove mine through the Rocky Mtns towing over 3000 lbs and had no problem on the very steep grades. This is my first SUV and I love it.

Favorite Features

264 hp auto/manual engine, DVD entertainment system, XM radio CD player & speaker system, OnStar, paint & wheels, tow package, sliding rear seat, factory remote start, driver info computer, roof rack, dash apperance and layout, heated seats, upholstery material and color, safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Front power port needs to be closer to the dash (no big deal though). An extra power port in the rear hatch area would be nice for a powered cooler/heater.