I'm in love
By Joey on
2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
I just brought this baby home and I'm smitten. I test drove several SUVs over Labor Day weekend (the 2008s were priced to move). I didn't even know that Pontiac had a crossover (I was familiar with the Equinox, which is the same vehicle). I was about to pull the Trigger on a Santa Fe, which actually had a nicer interior with more storage, but once I test drove the Pontiac, I was sold. The 3.4 L pulls that rig right up to speed with no problem, and the handling was tight like a sports sedan. Compared to the Santa Fe and the Escape, the Torrent won on performance alone (and good looks). Also, I averaged 26 MPG on the 120 mile freeway drive home. Not bad for a big vehicle like this.
Favorite Features
Pontiac grille, performance, ride, handling, AUX input jack, and my favorite: The beautiful two-tone interior (black and tan). The driver information center, with trip computer is nice. Being able to check my exact tire pressure from inside the car, while driving. Great gas mileage too!
Suggested Improvements
Not nearly as many storage bins as the others that I tested. Could have better cup holders. No manual shift mode (preferred for mountain driving), rear glass does not open separate from the lift gate. None of these things are deal breakers for me, but they are legitimate gripes.