2008 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
I love this car/crossover whatever
By Tim S. on 02/29/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So nice, so tight. Moves as one unit. No squeeks, no rattle, just solid build. Quiet, with a nice tech sound to the engine. Everything high technology. Seats firm and fitting. Sit high and command a view of the road. About 26 mpg on the road at 65. 55 gets you 28

Bill's Torrent
By Bill on 02/27/08 13:24 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 1998 Old's Bravada and a 2007 Mazda CX9. All of my vehicles have their pluses and minues but I really like the Torrent. The biggest problem I have is with is with the interior design on the Torrent. The cup holders are virtually worthless to use. The stereo system is excellent. The handling affects out on the road are very good - just hope the gas mileage gets better.

The best crossover vehicle I've owned
By Walter Conrad on 02/19/08 18:50 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This will be the third crossover vehicle I have owned the other 2 being Subaru Outbacks a 1997 and a 2002. The Pontiac has it all over them. More power, more room, better styling, better fuel economy all with a lower price tag. The interior on the Pontiac Torrent is very roomy, comfortable and well laid out. Cargo space is huge and versitile because of the sliding rear seat. Fit and finish is outstanding both inside and out. Power from the standard 3.4L V6 is impressive and the 5 speed automatic transmission is smooth shifting and the rest of the drivetrain is also smooth and quiet. Handling, braking and ride quality are top notch as good as I have experienced in vehicles costing much more.

Strong enough for a man but made for me
By Gail Oldow on 02/02/08 21:08 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My husband went on and on about seeing this beautiful vehicle, so we went to test drive it. As soon as I got in and adjusted the seats and realized that I would never again need a pillow to get close enough to the steering wheel, I was in love. And then to top things off,I finally had a place to store my huge purse; the center console lifts up to hold a purse or anything else. And then you can fold the center back down again. For a woman who pays a lot of money for purses, I never have to throw it on the floor, or the back seat, I can have it next to me but neatly stored. Someone was really thinking there. Thank you!

Highly recommend GXP
By Brad on 01/07/08 16:57 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is one fast little SUV. The six speed auto tranny helps with fuel enconomy while not hurting performance. The manual mode of the transmission has about a 1 second lag between the time you shift up or down to the time it actually does it. Seats are very comfortable over a long trip.

Surprisingly good
By gr on 12/04/07 08:33 AM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Outstanding space utilization. Back seat is exceptionally roomy. Flat floor. Great fold down rear seat operation. Folds flat with one hand and misses front seats with room to spare. Relatively light (3800 lbs.) for an SUV with this much room. Tows well with 2500 lb. U haul. Rich exterior appearance (silver with 17 inch wheels). Satisfied with build quality.

Owning a 2008 Torrent
By Tommy Torrent on 11/25/07 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun to drive for my wife, much easier than our previous '03 Explorer. Great ride. The only complaint is the short turning radius.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.