2008 Pontiac Torrent - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:
Perfect Size SUV
By ronvrll on 08/05/08 07:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my GMC Yukon for this Pontiac because of high gas prices. Though I would have to settle for less of a vehicle to save gas but I was wrong. Torrent is solid and is fun to drive. Tows my camper with no problem.

Locked up steering and ignition
By dgulrey on 08/04/08 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car has locked up 8 times on us since we bought it in April 2008 I have been told that's the way there designed and that's normal for torrents.

So far, so good
By Steve A. on 07/17/08 13:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Four months, 7,000 miles (about 70/30 highway/local) 22.7 mpg, same as my '02 Santa Fe 4cyl, but much peppier and roomier. This SUV is fun to drive, has enough horsepower to carry 4 good size (and then some) people without dragging its feet, and handles very well. Even though it has lots of room inside, it's not a huge land barge like the Escalade. My friend bought a Ford Explorer and his 15 mpg is killing him. I've always had good luck with Pontiacs, and this looks like another winner.

1st month 3000 Kilometers
By Rusty on 05/16/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Happy with the purchase of my 2008 GXP over all. My wife tells me it's good for grocery shopping. Itís comfortable to drive and has a good driving height for visibility. No problems driving in rain. Nice looking vehicle. Lots of room to carry all our stuff.

not like 2006
By butch on 05/06/08 06:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Well, had the remote start problem back four times still not right. Steering tight. Gas is not good. Miss the change holder. Heated outside mirrors. Seat are not the best for ride, they changed them from 2006. Wish I had my 2006 back. Pag gr.

2008 pontiac torrent
By tammy/robert on 05/05/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. Lots of room. Very comfortable. Good braking. Nice exterior design. Getting fair gas mileage.

GXP Sleeper
By ACE on 05/04/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Every Torrent owner I have talked to really likes their vehicle. This GXP is really fast and handles like a sports car. It is so neutral in the corners. When you expect the front end to push, it just digs in & goes round. I am at over 22 mpg now. It has great utility to boot. If you are looking for a vehicle like this, you really owe it to yourself to give it a try. I know of Honda owners who don't get but a 1mpg more in their smaller CR-V and no fun factor at all. Even Scions only get about 23.5 & are slower than molasses.

2008 Pontiac Torrent
By Barb on 04/10/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I traded up from a Vibe with 90,000 miles. That little car cost me almost nothing. I miss the Change holder, fuel door lock, always on headlights, and most of all the cover for the storage area. This is especially important for me since I am on the road a lot and my car is in a Motel Parking lot overnight. The car is only 48 hours old and already has 600 miles on it. I hope it is as reliable as the Vibe. It is a solid car, drives well, and maybe someday I will figure out how to program the radio.

Great choice
By Rob R on 04/02/08 06:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had the Equinox LS for the past four years and had no real complaints. I know I've only owned the Torrent for a few weeks and its new, however the ride, handling, and style is superior over the Equinox. I would have gone for the new Vue however the cost to lease is unreal. I agree 100% with a lot of the other writers on the quirks based on my experience with the Equinox, but the Torrent is such a better upgrade.

Stephanie's Torrent
By Stephanie on 03/26/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Torrent. I went from a little Neon to the Torrent and what a difference. I love sitting up high, it is very comfortable, I love that there is room for my purse (in the middle), it rides very nice and I just LOVE it! My boyfriend loves driving it as well because he has plenty of leg and head room. It has an excellent stereo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.