Love my '07 Torrent
By RODEONan on
2007 Pontiac Torrent 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)
Guess I got lucky, I love my Torrent! We downsized from a Chevy Suburban. Sure there are little things like the chrome on the shifter, a spot on the outside mirrors can catch the sun just right @ 0600 & the rubber seal on the front windows can come loose, needing pushed back in, but overall, very reliable car. Handles great in snow, mud, rain & in the fields. Other cars slip & slide, mine stays true, haven't felt this good behind the wheel since dads '80 Auto 4WD AMC Eagle, my '80 Mazda GLC (rear wheel drive) & my '93 Subaru Loyale (on demand 4WD). Folks carried star route mail rts, we've driven all kinds of cars in all kinds of conditions. We find a car we like, we try & keep it!
Favorite Features
Can switch between All-wheel drive & two Wheel drive. Handles great! All the boys wrestling gear, track gear and rodeo gear fits fine with plenty of leg room to spare. Love the get up and go the engine has..thank goodness for cruise control ;o)
Suggested Improvements
No chrome on the shifter, on outside mirrors-use a black matte rubber halfway up to reduce glare in the top inside corner, better fitting rubber seal in windows..just little things, mostly cosmetic and I do miss that 2nd backseat from my Suburban, to separate my boys